New JL owner

Maxcustody

I had a 2014 JK and sold it more than a year ago and bought a Tacoma ( I know WTF) however at the time I was tired of the JK and wanted something different. My wife's DD is a F250 (Diesel) and not very commuter friendly, especially stop and go and only 7 miles for her to get to work. So if we are getting another vehicle it should be dual purpose right.......went to the dealer yesterday to look and bought a 2018 JL Rubicon 2 door. We didn't need the 4 door since we have the Tacoma and Ford. It is only the 2 of us plus our dog. We drove home, grabbed the dog and hit the trails in Big Bear............no mall crawling here, It was pretty cool to drive a brand new vehicle from the dealer to the dirt where it belongs. We plan on using it for what it is built for. Gotta say, we love it! What an upgrade from the JK. Everything feels so much more refined and seems the quality is back. Looking forward to talking and learning with everyone about the new JL's. I have been watching Eddies's videos and I think I will pick up a set of LOD sliders if they make them for the 2 door. Here are some pics.

20180922_145041.jpg
20180922_145058.jpg
20180922_173657.jpg
IMG_2145.jpg

Maxcustody

Welcome to JLWrangler! Congrats on such a beautiful ride. Granite looks great on the two-door.

Thanks, I think the color really pops............

Congrats to you on getting a new JL and it's great to have you here :thumb:

Thanks Eddie, good to back in a Jeep. Driving a Jeep just makes me smile more...............;) Plus I get to wave at everyone again, there is no Taco wave. :thumb:

Granite looks good on all Jeeps indeed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks.......

Mud Bug

Welcome! I love the 2-doors but we have 4 kids.. omg lol. (One has to be on the roof rack I guess). In our house I drive the Jeep and my hubby has the Taco ;)

LauraRose

I had a 2014 JK and sold it more than a year ago and bought a Tacoma ( I know WTF) however at the time I was tired of the JK and wanted something different. My wife's DD is a F250 (Diesel) and not very commuter friendly, especially stop and go and only 7 miles for her to get to work. So if we are getting another vehicle it should be dual purpose right.......went to the dealer yesterday to look and bought a 2018 JL Rubicon 2 door. We didn't need the 4 door since we have the Tacoma and Ford. It is only the 2 of us plus our dog. We drove home, grabbed the dog and hit the trails in Big Bear............no mall crawling here, It was pretty cool to drive a brand new vehicle from the dealer to the dirt where it belongs. We plan on using it for what it is built for. Gotta say, we love it! What an upgrade from the JK. Everything feels so much more refined and seems the quality is back. Looking forward to talking and learning with everyone about the new JL's. I have been watching Eddies's videos and I think I will pick up a set of LOD sliders if they make them for the 2 door. Here are some pics.

View attachment 5586
View attachment 5587
View attachment 5588
View attachment 5589

Welcome to JLWrangler!!! Nice JL!

Welcome and Etiquette.jpg