Has anyone heard of problem(S) with the TAZER????

Cruuzer

I wish to preface this with *not* trying to start a problem, but I’d like to get the forums input

I was at the jeep bash show today in HB (Great show FYI)

I went over to the EVO booth to talk to them about a kit to replace my 2’ mopar kit- i am looking at their 2.5 kit with kings, ill regear at the time to 5.13 and go to 37’s over the current 35’s

I asked for drew at their booth, and was informed that drew is no longer at EVO, and they direct me to a guy they called Redbeard (he has a red beard)

I asked him about the kit and making sure stuff is in stock so I don’t have to wait (like i did last time). And while its in there, ill re-gear it too.

He stops me there and informs me that they can’t re-gear the JL as there are no gears and there are not tuners available. At this point I’m starting to scratch my head.....

I told him that i have a TAZER already installed to correct for my tires and a few other things. He told me that the TAZER is in full recall and that I shouldn’t have ever used the TAZER as its hacked software. He said the TAZERS are being recalled as they are breaking Jeeps and damaging fuel pumps-

Is there any truth to this? First off, I’m pretty sure that there are gears out there, and there are a few tuners out there by now. Is this a case that EVO doesn’t carry any of these brands yet or have a line of gears?

I didn’t get he warm and fuzzies about the conversation, not what i expect in dealing with EVO, they built my last JK...

So is there any scoop to issues with the TAZER or lack of gears???

Z_Auto

Advertiser
Supporter
In full recall?! LMAO!!
No, no issues, the Tazer JL is doing quite well and being used all over by thousands of happy JL owners.
Who was this guy?!

Cruuzer

In full recall?! LMAO!!
No, no issues, the Tazer JL is doing quite well and being used all over by thousands of happy JL owners.
Who was this guy?!

Let me start with the fact that i LOVE my TAZER

The guy is the new counter salesman at Off Road Evolution, Drew’s replacement

My wife and kids were there, and as we walked away, my wife asked me why i liked EVO? That guy basically told me that everything I currently had was crap....

Z_Auto

Advertiser
Supporter
Well sounds like Mr Redbeard has no idea what’s going on in the JL world! Oh well, at least you know who not to deal with!

Cruuzer

Well sounds like Mr Redbeard has no idea what’s going on in the JL world! Oh well, at least you know who not to deal with!

Well what concerns me is that this guy is trepresenting a brand i like, and telling this crap to everyone he meets, I didn’t see Mel at the show, but I’m sure he was around.

Drew was really technical and not hard to deal with

This guys is telling people that TAZER is causing their warranties to be voided and that there’s tons of issues with them

I felt if this were true, I would read about it here.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
WTF is going on here? :thinking:
I've been very happy with my Tazer, with exception of occasional loss of doubletap mute for rear view function, it's been hiccup free.

Let me start with the fact that i LOVE my TAZER

The guy is the new counter salesman at Off Road Evolution, Drew’s replacement

My wife and kids were there, and as we walked away, my wife asked me why i liked EVO? That guy basically told me that everything I currently had was crap....
In parts of your posts, you say Evo (as in Evo Mfg). At one point, you also mention Off Road Evolution. These are two totally different companies. Could you clarify which one went on that very incorrect rant?

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cruuzer

In parts of your posts, you say Evo (as in Evo Mfg). At one point, you also mention Off Road Evolution. These are two totally different companies. Could you clarify which one went on that very incorrect rant?

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The guy (Red beard), was Drew’s (the old counter guy) from off road evolution replacement (as he was introduced to me) i asked for his card- the guy standing next to him was Mr Perle and he gave me one of his cards.... i call off road evolution EVO often (i understand that one builds the parts and one installs the parts)- they built my old JK...

Let me be very clear that this was Off road evolution, they had Mel’s AMERICAN flag jeep, the rescue jeep and sandstorm there..

I was talking to them about the kit for my JL.......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there are a lot of us with Tazers. Never heard of a recall and don't seem to be having any problems with mine and Z Auto just posted up so that can be put to bed. As far as gears go, they're definitely being made but to the best of my knowledge, are only being sold through a limited amount of vendors. Not sure if I'd waste my money on a factory axle though especially being that a regear really isn't needed but then, that's just me.

Cruuzer

Well, there are a lot of us with Tazers. Never heard of a recall and don't seem to be having any problems with mine and Z Auto just posted up so that can be put to bed. As far as gears go, they're definitely being made but to the best of my knowledge, are only being sold through a limited amount of vendors. Not sure if I'd waste my money on a factory axle though especially being that a regear really isn't needed but then, that's just me.

First off, i love my Tazer- that’s why I was surprised to hear that.

Off road evolution is (was) a trusted source in my book, and when a company rep tells that the stuff I’m using is crap, and parts i want are not available, it concerns me.

And if i stay with 37’s, ill stay with factory axles, with a re-gear- i understand that to each their own, but i feel that it could use the re-gear for 37’s. With 35’s currently its not bad, but ive re-geared my 3 Rubicon’s before that on factory axles and have had fair luck.

I’m concerned when people from a trusted source start spouting bad info to people- if they cant be truthful about what they can support and what they cant support, that is not OK. To come across as an authority on any subject and blatantly mis-represent available options takes them down a few notches.

That’s what i wanted to confirm, and now i have.... kinda bums me out, i was looking forward to working with them again.....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Off road evolution is (was) a trusted source in my book, and when a company rep tells that the stuff I’m using is crap, and parts i want are not available, it concerns me.

And if i stay with 37’s, ill stay with factory axles, with a re-gear- i understand that to each their own, but i feel that it could use the re-gear for 37’s. With 35’s currently its not bad, but ive re-geared my 3 Rubicon’s before that on factory axles and have had fair luck.

I’m concerned when people from a trusted source start spouting bad info to people- if they cant be truthful about what they can support and what they cant support, that is not OK. To come across as an authority on any subject and blatantly mis-represent available options takes them down a few notches.

That’s what i wanted to confirm, and now i have.... kinda bums me out, i was looking forward to working with them again.....

The JL is NOT a JK. Of the 4 JK's that I've owned in the past, I've re-geard ALL of them because they NEEDED it to restore lost power. Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I would highly recommend that you TEST DRIVE your JL with 37's before spending the money on a re-gear. I have spoken to Mel (not some guy who works for him) about this in the past and he agrees 100% with me here. Just trying to save you some money but of course, you can believe what you want.

That being said, I don't know who the new guy is - certainly, I've never met him before. I would recommend that you try and speak to Mel before discounting them as a shop to use.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

You’re the only one saying what they say is gospel. Do your own research and ask around. Just because one person says something doesn’t mean its true.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cruuzer

You’re the only one saying what they say is gospel. Do your own research and ask around. Just because one person says something doesn’t mean its true.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Um- i think you mis understood my comments, i am not taking what they said as gospel. Part of my questioning here was to do research such as you commented on. This si far from my first rodeo too, but I don’t spend as much time as i used to researching or wrenching, thus asking others .......

I said that I’m disappointed to get such bad info from someone who represents them- i did not state that I believe them,, hence my reasoning for asking here... i confirmed here that they were indeed wrong as i felt.