JL Wrangler FLUIDS & CAPACITIES

:D Remember in the rear Diff. you should fill it--then drive around the block and when you uncork the "FILL" plug--you should have to add some more--

The rear axles will take some of the FLUID from your first fill--

W.E.

JIMBO

Thanks, Jimbo, I'll top it off tonight. I've not done that before.

On another note, a friend showed me the JL service manual and it does indeed recommend 75w140 for towing. I'll leave the w90 in there for now, though, as I'm not towing until Spring and even then, the towing will be a lightweight fishing boat. I'll change back to 140w in March. The service manual also confirmed that it was right about 1.5 quarts, or 3.06 pints for the capacity. That's about exactly what I was able to put in it.

JIMBOX

:D That sounds good to me, the main reason I use the VALVOLINE 75W-140 IS i BOUGHT A CASE (12) years ago and also read a lab report that the 75wx140 would add a little resistance(load) to the Diff gears, but the (Valvoline synthetic) would maintain the fluid LUBE at HIGH LOAD TEMPS and not break down like DINO oil--

Good luck

:wings: JIMBO

Transfer Case capacity?

Thinking I need to dump my Saharas t-case but I cant find the capacity online. Anyone know or is it the same as the JK?

JTCO

Meme King
Thinking I need to dump my Saharas t-case but I cant find the capacity online. Anyone know or is it the same as the JK?

I totally mis-read your post. I thought you were talking about the transmission, not the transfer case. I keep a gallon of ATF4 on hand and just fill empty quart containers and use like that. I bet it's very similar to the JK in capacity.