3rd or 4th Key Fob

Is the JL like the JK, where you must have two key fobs to program a new one? Has anybody actually priced a new one? With or without programming charge?

NFRs2000NYC

I personally have not seen a vehicle that can have more than 2 fobs programmed to the car. I'd be very surprised if you could do it on a wrangler.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Thanks but this doesn't answer any question. I know the keys have an RFID chip.
Question is can you have 3 or 4 programmed to your JL.
In my Passat W8 you could only have 2.
I want 1 to drive. 1 spare in my motorhome and 1 spare in me safe at home. A 4th for my wife would be nice too.

Sent from my SM-G935P using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Well, allow me to retort (#2)...

Your claim that "this doesn't answer any question" is false. In fact it answered no less than two questions... just not your questions.

Is the JL like the JK, where you must have two key fobs to program a new one? Has anybody actually priced a new one? With or without programming charge?

Here is "post #3" that I referenced :

I washed mine also. Tried replacing the battery, but it didn't work. Got new Fob from dealer $260 which included programing. Idiot tax.

Hgrace, I don't know if English is your native language. If it is, then you should be able to clearly see that my response satisfied two of Principal Skinr's questions. Of course I would not have been able to do so if it were not for Four Flusher sharing his experience on this forum... Thank you Four Flusher.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Last edited:

Hgrace

Well, allow me to retort (#2)...

Your claim that "this doesn't answer any question" is false. In fact it answered no less than two questions... just not your questions.

Here is "post #3" that referenced :

Hgrace, I don't know if English is your native language. If it is, then you should be able to clearly see that my response satisfied two of Principal Skinr's questions. Of course I would not have been able to do so if it were not for Four Flusher sharing his experience on this forum... Thank you Four Flusher.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Well then
A bit of an attitude.
I see your comments and I think you should try to chill a bit.
'Double tap'
Agression issues.

Of you don't have a competant reply then just shut up.

I didn't wash my FOB.
I'm asking about spares.
It's not w JK

Check your meds.
My English is fine.
Might be difficult for you with your head up your tailpipe.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Well then
A bit of an attitude.
I see your comments and I think you should try to chill a bit.
'Double tap'
Agression issues.

Of you don't have a competant reply then just shut up.

I didn't wash my FOB.
I'm asking about spares.
It's not w JK

Check your meds.
My English is fine.
Might be difficult for you with your head up your tailpipe.

Are you always this much of a pussy?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app