New! JL coil springs kit

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
For years Jeep fans have asked for our coils separately, we are now offering them for the Jeep Wrangler JL.

Rancho's Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited (4 door) corner-specific progressive rate coil springs are specifically tuned to provide superior on-road comfort and off-road performance. The corner-specific springs ensure your Jeep JL maintains a perfectly level stance and ride – even during towing or heavy loading. These RS80128B Rancho JL Rear coil springs provide 3.5" of lift height on a Rubicon and 4.5" of height on a Non-Rubicon. The addition of aftermarket bumpers, sliders, winches, etc. will net differences in lift height.

jl_coilspringkit_sell.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Well. I see lots of lift kits. Including shocks Springs link arms all sorts of various parts. Just wondering how you can get a three and a half inch lift without modifying anything else

Sent from my SM-G935P using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Oh OK. The spring is what gives you the lift height. However, as you get higher, you need longer shocks also because the travel distance has changed. When the height changes, the suspension and steering geometry does as well, so sometimes other brackets and control arms are needed to return the angles closer to factory, etc. A complete kit can be helpful to dial everything in, but the spring gives the lift height. Rancho has a great reputation for quality ride, so a customer may already have a complete kit from a different company and just want the Rancho springs. Now that option is available.

JTCO

Meme King
I see.
Well this ad is deceiving then as it states that with these you can get xxx lift.
I've known Rancho for decades here in Southern California.
Buyer be ware I guess.

Deceiving? Not exactly. Rancho has engineered these springs to keep ride height maintained even with the edition of heavy tools, bumpers, sliders, etc. To the best of my knowledge, no one has done anything like this. Especially for the JL. These springs will likely give you xxx height and you can purchase them separately.

Hgrace

I just can't see a 3.5" ride height addition without any other modifications to the suspension and steering geometry.
I saw a lot of "lift kits" in the 70s and 80s and knew many early fabricators. Most resulted in poor steering and road ability.
Having experience with Baja bugs, mini truck, and Bronco modifications I am cautious.

JTCO

Meme King
I just can't see a 3.5" ride height addition without any other modifications to the suspension and steering geometry.
I saw a lot of "lift kits" in the 70s and 80s and knew many early fabricators. Most resulted in poor steering and road ability.
Having experience with Baja bugs, mini truck, and Bronco modifications I am cautious.

I totally get where you're coming from as I worked in that industry prior as well. With that being said, in this particular scenario, Rancho is just stating that if you want just their quality springs outside of a kit, that option is available. They offer complete kits as well.

Hgrace

I totally get where you're coming from as I worked in that industry prior as well. With that being said, in this particular scenario, Rancho is just stating that if you want just their quality springs outside of a kit, that option is available. They offer complete kits as well.
I get it. Their copy writer coul use a nudge.
You wouldn't believe the terror driving a mini truck with a body lift in the late 70s.
Musta been why I drank back then.

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
This sales sheet is for just coils as shown in the picture and stated in the first post. :)
A lot of folks will upgrade just their coils on their existing system for a different coil.
Or they will do what is call a "Frankenlift"
Run our coils and shocks, and maybe EVO's control arms and Synergy's trackbar.
So that is why we offer just coils :)
:beer:

I see.
Well this ad is deceiving then as it states that with these you can get xxx lift.
Buyer be ware I guess.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

God damn. What do you keep up your ass to make you such a whine ass? Calm down and don’t take everything so serious. You might live longer.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JP223/3USA

I see.
Buyer be ware I guess.

I see and ad with springs, I only see parts for springs so I know it’s just the springs. No deception with what Rancho posted. Most people know there are other components needed when lifting a vehicle. If not, that’s why we have a community of jeepers where you can ask questions. My first jeep was in 2005 and I knew nothing about vehicles and lifts. I asked many questions, received great advice and never criticized. Take a step back, take deep breaths and enjoy this community.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I see.
Buyer be ware I guess.

Ummm, maybe I missed something but I'm not entirely sure what's so "deceiving" about an ad promoting a set of coils. :thinking: :idontknow:

LOL! Well duh :crazyeyes: