OFFICIAL 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Owners Manual - SEE IT NOW!!

JTCO

Meme King
That 2.0l engine pic DEFINITELY looks like the air inlet tube leads to a turbocharger rather than a throttle body. That would explain the 91 octane.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That 2.0l engine pic DEFINITELY looks like the air inlet tube leads to a turbocharger rather than a throttle body. That would explain the 91 octane.

Kinda makes you wonder if the HP that was posted on it really is true :D

silverbullet88

And oh, I see that the JL will now have Electro Hydraulic Steering. This is something that is available on all the newer Jeep models but I'm not 100% sure how this will work out on the trail. According to the manual, it still has a mechanical function and one that will kick in under extreme steering conditions to save the electric part.

It would be awesome if they could work together greatly reducing the work load of each other and providing awesome steering with big tires!

RMC2

Was looking thru this last night.
The power sliding hard top is not remove able but comes with the removeable side windows. Didn't notice if those were on the regular hard top. So there are three top options.

On the auxiliary switches, they are programmable for how they operate.

I like the 8.4" inch radio option.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks way of life ; the manual showed only the key fob .

LOL!! I think that's because it may need some explaining. A key does not. The Renegade has the same thing in its manual but I know for a fact that they come with standard keys as well.

old8tora

So what's with the reduced oil capacity ?

The manual says the 3.6l engine has a 5 quart capacity ; my JK has a 6 quart capacity . What's with that ?

OJK12

Did anyone else notice the Rubicon’s lockers will disengage when you go above 30 mph? I’ve never read anything or had my JK lockers disengage, seems like this could be a bad idea if your hill climbing and need the extra traction. I know I’ve had mine pull the gas pedal when doing steep climbs and I can tell you stopping in the middle of a hill is not all that fun.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Did anyone else notice the Rubicon’s lockers will disengage when you go above 30 mph? I’ve never read anything or had my JK lockers disengage, seems like this could be a bad idea if your hill climbing and need the extra traction. I know I’ve had mine pull the gas pedal when doing steep climbs and I can tell you stopping in the middle of a hill is not all that fun.

I don’t think I’ve ever been 30 mph in 4Lo.

frankorego

9 speed auto

Did anyone else notice that the section of the manual for the automatic transmission that listed the gear ratios had a 9th gear if equipped? What is that about?