OFFICIAL 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Owners Manual - SEE IT NOW!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20171015171741-79ad8db4.jpg

Hey Everyone, just wanted to let you all know that FCA Canada has posted up the official 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler User Guide and Manual and you can see the complete PDF files by clicking on the links below:

2018 JEEP® WRANGLER USER GUIDE
2018 JEEP® WRANGLER OWNERS MANUAL

Please give them a look and let us know what if anything you see that sticks out for you! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To kick things off, here are a few things that I noticed:

1. The doors can still be removed!
2. The transfer case is still manually operated as opposed to being push button e-operated like what the Cherokee and Renegade have.
3. There is specific mention of a 4-speed transfer case and a 5-speed. This is something we have been hearing about in regards to full time 4WD being an option on Sahara models.
4. The soft top is zipperless
5. The hard top has removable side panels that operate much like the freedom top panels.
6. There still is a roll cage :)

So, let's hear what you're seeing :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, something else I just saw. First, it's nice that the JL will be coming with an optional keyless push button start. Our Renegade came with it and it was nice to have. That being said, I see that it also has some kind of new optional "STOP/START System" feature which apparently turns off your engine automatically at stops. Apparently, this feature is designed to reduce fuel consumption.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And oh, I see that the JL will now have Electro Hydraulic Steering. This is something that is available on all the newer Jeep models but I'm not 100% sure how this will work out on the trail. According to the manual, it still has a mechanical function and one that will kick in under extreme steering conditions to save the electric part.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Okay, something else I just saw. First, it's nice that the JL will be coming with an optional keyless push button start. Our Renegade came with it and it was nice to have. That being said, I see that it also has some kind of new optional "STOP/START System" feature which apparently turns off your engine automatically at stops. Apparently, this feature is designed to reduce fuel consumption.

I’m not sure I’d like that, on a Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you see that you can get the JL with optional 4 auxillary switches? Very cool :thumb:

NotInStock

I notice when looking under towing capacities it only lists the 2.0L and the 3.6L engine.... Boo, chrysler, I want my diesel.....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, you see that the 2.0L needs to be run on 91 octane? Guess it really is a motor made for power and not economy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, definitely something different with the axles or at least, when it comes to how you mounts the wheels to them. Looks like the JL is gonna have M14 x 1.50 lug bolts that require a 22mm socket and will need to be tightened to 130 Ft-Lbs of torque.

torque.jpg

old8tora

Is there no regular key ?

Hi . My question is there no regular key ? Is there Only an electronic key fob ?:idontknow: