Took the tire upgrade for plunge.

Dragmod

”upgrade plunge”

Well I decided to upgrade my wheel and tires.
Went with Fuel Vector D600 17x9 -12 offset with 35/12.5R17 Duratrac tires. I’m going to see how they are with no lift. Should be a good experiment.
IMG_4468.JPG
IMG_4068.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I like the bronze wheels offered by Fuel. I was looking at their beadlocks in bronze, but at 3.5 in the backspacing is a little lower than I would like to go. Looking forward to seeing those on your rig.

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
I like the bronze wheels offered by Fuel. I was looking at their beadlocks in bronze, but at 3.5 in the backspacing is a little lower than I would like to go. Looking forward to seeing those on your rig.

Not very many bronze beadlock wheels available for Truck/SUV applications, but for some reason they are plentiful for UTV applications :idontknow:

Dirty Life has one bronze option with 4.5-inches of backspace though, and it's called the MGD DT-1 Beadlock (17x9 ET-12).

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Not very many bronze beadlock wheels available for Truck/SUV applications, but for some reason they are plentiful for UTV applications :idontknow:

Dirty Life has one bronze option with 4.5-inches of backspace though, and it's called the MGD DT-1 Beadlock (17x9 ET-12).

I've seen those Dirty Life wheels. They look pretty neat. Black Rhino has their Crawler Beadlock 5-spoke in bronze, 17x8.5, either 3.49 or 4.75 BS.

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
I've seen those Dirty Life wheels. They look pretty neat. Black Rhino has their Crawler Beadlock 5-spoke in bronze, 17x8.5, either 3.49 or 4.75 BS.

It looks pretty good, and the dual-tek functionality is kinda neat - this is what FORD did with their SVT Raptor beadlock.

The Crawler is AWESOME but I think the 4.75" BS is only for 6-lug applications. The 17x8.5 4.75" BS is perfect for the JLR, though. Ill mention this to our TSW/Black Rhino rep.

Last edited:

Dragmod

I got the wheels in today and was going to wait but didn't. I also installed the Mopar Tire Carrier while I was at it. It was dark when I finished but I went to my local gas station to get pictures taken.
I love how these turned out and am very happy I went with bronze wheels! In my excitement I went and took pictures without putting on the center caps. I will update with a new picture tomorrow.

IMG_4496.jpgIMG_4495.jpgIMG_4498.jpgIMG_4501.jpgIMG_4503.jpgIMG_4504.jpgIMG_4505.jpgIMG_4506.jpg

vigneshkm

I got the wheels in today and was going to wait but didn't. I also installed the Mopar Tire Carrier while I was at it. It was dark when I finished but I went to my local gas station to get pictures taken.
I love how these turned out and am very happy I went with bronze wheels! In my excitement I went and took pictures without putting on the center caps. I will update with a new picture tomorrow.

View attachment 5759View attachment 5760View attachment 5761View attachment 5762View attachment 5763View attachment 5764View attachment 5765View attachment 5766
Love it
Good choice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

YAHAHA

It's been a year and a half. Are you still happy with your purchase? I'm trying to decide on tires and rims and LOVE your setup. I have a JLUS though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

If you get the Duratracs, make sure you rotate them frequently. They are a great tire but need to be rotated often to keep them quiet & effective.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.