Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exploring the Shores of an Ancient Nevada Dry Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    Makes a lot more sense now. Its like Mono lake and how southern Ca was diverting all the water away from the lake causing that lake to shrink. I believe the courts have rectified that situation and Mono lake is filling again. You guys have so many beautiful lakes up in your area. Topaz lake is another lake that we love jet skiing on. It can get a bit rough when the wind is blowing but we love it up there.
    Yup, Mono Lake is another ancient lake that is still fighting for it's survival but is a lot better now than it was 20 years ago. That being said, I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's filling up again - just not disappearing. As far as lakes go, Topaz is really nice and if you can believe it, the water that flows into it is the Walker River and the water that flows out of it is ultimately what is supposed to go into Walker Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Growlz View Post
    Very cool trip! Thanks for sharing! You guys takes some beautiful pictures.
    Thank you, we're so glad you liked our pics

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJeep View Post
    cool find with the bullets and the old bottles. Great pics as always. Bug Armageddon on the road home.
    Thanks! There's a ton of stuff to be found out in the middle of nowhere Nevada

I need to move!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I enjoyed your pictures and narrative
    '18 Sting Gray JLUR

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Yup, Mono Lake is another ancient lake that is still fighting for it's survival but is a lot better now than it was 20 years ago. That being said, I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's filling up again - just not disappearing. As far as lakes go, Topaz is really nice and if you can believe it, the water that flows into it is the Walker River and the water that flows out of it is ultimately what is supposed to go into Walker Lake.

Thank you, we're so glad you liked our pics

Thanks! There's a ton of stuff to be found out in the middle of nowhere Nevada
    Oh that reminds me that the drive along the walker river is Incredible. Sorry for hi jacking ill go ahead and move off of memory lane now. Great video and thank you for everything you do.

Looks like an awesome trip! Those old bottles are super cool!

I see you finally installed the soft top. How is the noise level with the new top? Any quieter than the jk or about the same

Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Looks like an awesome trip! Those old bottles are super cool!

I see you finally installed the soft top. How is the noise level with the new top? Any quieter than the jk or about the same
    Even on the JK, I found the Twill Top to be much quieter. On the JL, I personally think that it's quieter than the hard top or at least, in terms of wind. You can definitely hear outside noises a bit more - like lug thumping from tires or trucks driving beside you.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I love the desert 🌵 Southwest. I miss it. And Iím jealous.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Fresh Catch

Awesome

This is what I love living so close to Nevada, there's so much preserved ancient history. A simple drive drive off the highway and you'll see arrowhead chippings (and the occasional arrowhead), petroglyphs, ancient landscapes, hot springs, and no people. Hope it never changes...

Very cool pics! Great trip as well. The last picture of the bugs, yikes. R.I.P. bugs. I hate bugs, they always make my JL dirty:-).

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Your lucky you live in Nevada or some nut from the Sierra Club would be all over you for the "bug kill". Ask me how I know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast