Jeep Wave from Jax area!

hobieinjax

First Jeep actually, but looking forward to taking the lifted '18 JLU out for some fun at Jeeptoberfest and sun and fun here in Florida this fall!

It does well pulling the smaller toys, but as you can see you need a truck to pull a full sized boat.

It's actually my first new vehicle in several years, so of course the electronics is the most confounding of it all!

Aloha,
Hobieinjax

IMG_5785.jpgIMG_5787.jpg

LauraRose

Welcome to JLWrangler!! Beautiful JL you have there! Did you buy it stock & do the mods, or buy it with the lift, wheels, tires & winch already on it? Could you please list the mod details? Thanks & enjoy!!

Welcome%20and%20Etiquette.jpeg

Laura Rose from PA

hobieinjax

Welcome to JLWrangler!! Beautiful JL you have there! Did you buy it stock & do the mods, or buy it with the lift, wheels, tires & winch already on it? Could you please list the mod details? Thanks & enjoy!!

View attachment 5509

Laura Rose from PA

Hello Laura,
Ordered a Rubicon JLU in late May with just about every option (even the rear tie down system) with a discount deal associated with my employer that gave us "invoice - 5%". Took delivery in late July. Drove it stock for about three weeks waiting for parts to arrive. Took it to a Jeep specialty shop called Happy Trails at Jax Beach area where they installed a Mopar 2.5" lift and 35" tires and wench added. In fact since that photo also had a front hoop added. We have the dual top option, so currently getting ready to install a hoist in the garage to remove the hard top for the soft top installation as here in Florida, fall/winter/spring is the best soft top season!

Lots of Jeep events around Florida in the Fall/early winter time frame. In fact looking to do our a poker run this weekend as a local Jeep charity event. Excited to get the jeep out on a few beginner trails.

A bit longer range plan is to actually get a trailer to pull the jeep behind the Yukon to head out west in a year for a few week long MOAB exploration.

So far the Jeep's only been to the beach a couple of times (which they let you drive on here in North Florida in a few select spots).

We've actually been considering a light bar of some type or possibly some LED system. Anyone with a resounding recommendation would be gratefully obliged.

Otherwise, considering installing the Lange Hoist-a-top in the garage in time for October!

Great site for lots of ideas and Jeep info! Thanks

LauraRose

Hello Laura,
Ordered a Rubicon JLU in late May with just about every option (even the rear tie down system) with a discount deal associated with my employer that gave us "invoice - 5%". Took delivery in late July. Drove it stock for about three weeks waiting for parts to arrive. Took it to a Jeep specialty shop called Happy Trails at Jax Beach area where they installed a Mopar 2.5" lift and 35" tires and wench added. In fact since that photo also had a front hoop added. We have the dual top option, so currently getting ready to install a hoist in the garage to remove the hard top for the soft top installation as here in Florida, fall/winter/spring is the best soft top season!

Lots of Jeep events around Florida in the Fall/early winter time frame. In fact looking to do our a poker run this weekend as a local Jeep charity event. Excited to get the jeep out on a few beginner trails.

A bit longer range plan is to actually get a trailer to pull the jeep behind the Yukon to head out west in a year for a few week long MOAB exploration.

So far the Jeep's only been to the beach a couple of times (which they let you drive on here in North Florida in a few select spots).

We've actually been considering a light bar of some type or possibly some LED system. Anyone with a resounding recommendation would be gratefully obliged.

Otherwise, considering installing the Lange Hoist-a-top in the garage in time for October!

Great site for lots of ideas and Jeep info! Thanks

Good morning hobieinjax,

I hope you have a blast at the poker run today!!!

I'm not sure whether you are aware, but there is a place on this forum where you can purchase a lot of recommended Jeep parts. There is no additional markup, but JLWrangler.com still benefits from your purchase. You can check it out here: https://jlwrangler.com/forumdisplay.php?32-RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories :thumb:

Also, Eddie posted up a very inexpensive do-it-yourself hoist for a hard top - you may want to check it out: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...ade-Hardtop-Hoist-on-a-BUDGET&highlight=hoist

Hope you can post up pictures from the poker run. :thumb:

Laura Rose ("Rose" is my middle name :yup:)