700 miles on Dynatrac lift

Four Flusher

First a little back story. Huge thanks to Eddie, Cindy and their forum. I started following along closely from the time I began trying to decide what options to order for my new JL. Then once it was here, I've watched every video (they make mods look so easy, lol) tech tip and it made my build way less stressful. Now to the Dynatrac lift. Like a lot of folks, I wanted to lift immediately, especially since everything had to be done by 10/1 before our 3000 mile road trip to SW Colorado and Moab. I wanted to keep the lift on the small side since I was planning on running 315 KO@2. Well your Dynatrac lift video sold me on their lift and so I called them and I think I was the first individual to preorder.

I'm 68 and pretty feeble so I was a little freaked about tackling the install. Once my lift arrived, the guy who normally wrenches on my rig was busy and the local shops were busy too and quoting insane prices. I'd watched all your lift install videos so I watched them all again and looked at Dynatracs instructions. I called Dynatrac and talked to Tony at length about the install. Tony is an awesome dude and I'd have him over for dinner if he was local. At any rate, hooked up with a sucker, I mean a friend and we knocked it out in 4.5 hrs on jack stands, piece of cake, except torquing the shock bolts to 80 lbs, not necessary.

I ran 315's on my stock rig for awhile and there was a small change to the ride on street from cracks and man hole covers, but no big deal. Never took it offload with that set up so I can't speak to how it would have flexed. After the install I was blown away. I got exactly 2" of lift with LOD slider and shorty front bumper. Added Zeon 10s and let it settle a bit and I lost about 1/2" in the front.

My rig never had super bad wandering on the highway but there was a bit. I'd already experienced an improvement to the tracking around town so I was pretty sure I was going to love this lift. Wheeled it last week and I really was ready to claim it perfect for me.

Last Friday we headed to Mammoth and even with an occasional 20-30 cross wind my rig was a joy to drive. Aired down, took it up Laural canyon and all I can say is wow. Truly, better than stock!

Attachments

• IMG_5885.jpg
    IMG_5885.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 149

GrayBeard

Congratulations on your JLUR build and all your positive info.

I agree Eddie and Cindy have and always have provided very valuable and honest info about products and trails. I too, have been keep a very close eye on their build, so I don't make costly mistakes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Congrats... what a great success story. I observed on WAYALIFE for years while I had my JK. The amount of knowledge and experience that I was able to absorb was priceless.

drhcobra

Nice looking rig, I ordered the Dynatrac lift as well after soaking up all the great info here. Sounds like I should have it around the end of the month, about the same time as my new JLR. I'm still trying to decide 35's vs. 37's.

Resqnu

Nice looking rig, I ordered the Dynatrac lift as well after soaking up all the great info here. Sounds like I should have it around the end of the month, about the same time as my new JLR. I'm still trying to decide 35's vs. 37's.

I like the looks of the 37’s I’m running and IMO the 8 speed handles them well for power.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

drhcobra

I like the looks of the 37’s I’m running and IMO the 8 speed handles them well for power.

I like the look of 37's, I keep looking at the picture of your rig. Now I'll going back and forth between yours and Four Flusher's! My jeep will be a manual. Got some time to decide, getting shoulder surgery so won't be able to drive stick for a while, or work on a jeep.

Resqnu

I like the look of 37's, I keep looking at the picture of your rig. Now I'll going back and forth between yours and Four Flusher's! My jeep will be a manual. Got some time to decide, getting shoulder surgery so won't be able to drive stick for a while, or work on a jeep.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way. I had 35s on my last Jk and wanted the 37s on my JL.

Four Flusher

I parked next to a JLUR today that had 37's, boy my tires looked small. I planned on 315's because I figured I could probably change that size tire in a pinch and since I ski about 70 days a year that seemed like the right size. You all know how it goes, bigger is better lol. Happy for now but .......

drhcobra

I parked next to a JLUR today that had 37's, boy my tires looked small. I planned on 315's because I figured I could probably change that size tire in a pinch and since I ski about 70 days a year that seemed like the right size. You all know how it goes, bigger is better lol. Happy for now but .......

I get it, either way your jeep looks great. Are those the Mopar wheels?