Camper Towing

kbrads1234

Has anyone tried pulling anything over the tow limit on the JL unlimited with 3.6 engine?
The tow rating shows 3500lbs, but I have a camper that is little over 3700lbs and was looking for any insight as to whether or not this would work.

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cooknavy

So here is my set up
2018 Rubicon JLU with a factory tow setup.
I replaced the stock class 2 hitch with a class 3 Draw tite Stock number 75515.
I used a Tekonsha 3014-p wire connector from the brake controller connection (gray plug above brake pedal) too connect to a Tekonsha P3 controller .

I’m towing a 2019 ForestRiver E-Pro 19 FBS with a dry weight of about 3100lb.

I also have a Fastway E2 6k weight distribution hitch too help keep it on the road.

Sent from my iPhone

jackweathers223

It's gonna be fine. The tow limit is not the exact limit you can tow. It can go more. That's just how they market it for safeguard. I have an rv before that we towed too. It was stuck. Oh just a reminder you should put rv exhaust fan vent cover to protect it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTCO

Meme King
It's gonna be fine. The tow limit is not the exact limit you can tow. It can go more. That's just how they market it for safeguard. I have an rv before that we towed too. It was stuck. Oh just a reminder you should put rv exhaust fan vent cover to protect it.

Thanks for joining our community and skipping right over the rules in order to benefit your own company. Pimp that shit elsewhere.

And on top of that, we should totally trust a salesman like yourself that says to disregard the manufacturer's tow ratings by saying 'The tow limit is not the exact limit you can tow. It can go more. That's just how they market it for safeguard.' :crazyeyes:

tumblr_ma04l31zNg1rt2432.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Spack

Ya, because god-forbid you get into an accident and the highway patrol rights you a fat ticket for being over weight/capacity. And then your insurance takes a look at the report and tells you to pound sand.

You know what, since you joined 15 hours ago and posted this 14 ago, why don’t you change your name to JackAss223 and go pound some sand yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JLURmojito

So here is my set up
2018 Rubicon JLU with a factory tow setup.
I replaced the stock class 2 hitch with a class 3 Draw tite Stock number 75515.
I used a Tekonsha 3014-p wire connector from the brake controller connection (gray plug above brake pedal) too connect to a Tekonsha P3 controller .

I’m towing a 2019 ForestRiver E-Pro 19 FBS with a dry weight of about 3100lb.

I also have a Fastway E2 6k weight distribution hitch too help keep it on the road.

Sent from my iPhone

the 3014 harness can cause issues disabling the stability, traction and auto start stop systems. Check out my recent post on how to squash that issue by installing with the harness that has not yet been made lol.
the 3014 is the correct wiring pinout, and the 3024 has a diode inline on the brake sense wire. If you swap the black and blue wires on the 3024 harness, you have an EXACT match for what the aftermarket will release in the next year or two... (based upon the time it took to release a harness for the 13-14 ram 1500's that had the exact same problem)

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?1113-Trailer-Brake-Controller-connection/page2&highlight=brake+controller