EVO springs

Firejeep

Like a lot of people on here, I don’t want to purchase something and be disappointed. I have heard nothing but great reviews on EVO products but I haven’t found a lot on how their springs ride on the JL. THE JK owners seem to love them. Anyone out there have an EVO spring lift without the King shocks? What shocks are you using? How’s the ride compared to stock? I am trying to decide between the EVO or the Dynatrac lift I’m going to win :crazyeyes:. My Jeep is not my DD, but I do like a nice ride and the ability to do whatever I want off road. The King shocks are not out of the question, it’s just about being able to spread some of that $$ on other upgrades. I know I am asking a lot, but your opinions count. Thanks!

WiscoHR

Like a lot of people on here, I don’t want to purchase something and be disappointed. I have heard nothing but great reviews on EVO products but I haven’t found a lot on how their springs ride on the JL. THE JK owners seem to love them. Anyone out there have an EVO spring lift without the King shocks? What shocks are you using? How’s the ride compared to stock? I am trying to decide between the EVO or the Dynatrac lift I’m going to win :crazyeyes:. My Jeep is not my DD, but I do like a nice ride and the ability to do whatever I want off road. The King shocks are not out of the question, it’s just about being able to spread some of that $$ on other upgrades. I know I am asking a lot, but your opinions count. Thanks!

I’ve been running the 2.5” EVO plush rides with Rancho shocks for about 8000 miles now. It’s hard to compare to stock because I didn’t stay stock for long. At the same time I went to E rated 37x13.50x17 Cooper STT Pros. What I can say is the ride is great. Firm enough for great ride on road especially in the curves. At the same time it flexes great and smoothes out those annoying washboard roads at speed. Now I can’t compare to other lifts as this is the only lift I’ve driven in the JL. So far really no complaints, but I am on my second set of rear shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Firejeep

I’m sure tires play a big part in ride. That’s good info, thanks. Any ideas why those Ranchos needed to be replaced so soon?

WiscoHR

I’m sure tires play a big part in ride. That’s good info, thanks. Any ideas why those Ranchos needed to be replaced so soon?

They were leaking oil. I had been pushing them hard on higher speed dirt roads and washes around Utah in the days before I found the leak. Not sure if they got too hot or if there was an issue with the seal but they got me a new set to replace them. But I am very happy with the ride they do provide.

RLW007

I have the 2 1/2” EVO lift with King Shocks and 37x 12.5 STT Pro and could not be happier. Its a great ride on and off road. Better than the stock ride for me.5CCD2C9D-B282-4114-BBFB-140768DC7EB7.jpg

Nickagomez81

I will never buy Rancho shocks again. I had the 9000s on my JKU with only about 12000 miles on them and had the two rear completely blow out on the freeway traveling through Louisiana to Florida from New Mexico. Called rancho and they were no help. Next time its Fox or King for me. Its a real shame too because I loved the ride of the Ranchos.

NFRs2000NYC

Interesting, I've been running my rancho 9000s on my JKUR for 33K miles, multiple cross country trips, lots of Utah and Colorado wheeling, and washboard bombing for 20+ miles in wyoming at nearly 60mph and they are still going strong. Having said that, I can understand how someone can sour on a brand when they didn't take care of you.

Nickagomez81

Interesting, I've been running my rancho 9000s on my JKUR for 33K miles, multiple cross country trips, lots of Utah and Colorado wheeling, and washboard bombing for 20+ miles in wyoming at nearly 60mph and they are still going strong. Having said that, I can understand how someone can sour on a brand when they didn't take care of you.

Yeah, i had always heard great things so i bought them and fell in love with the ride quality combined with my Synergy springs. Probably a fluke deal. I was towing my bike when it happened.IMG_6548.JPG The jeep was recently totaled so i will be ordering my jlu soon and starting from scratch.

JrBiem

I did the 2 1/2" Evo coil lift w/ shock extensions on my JLU sport. The coils felt great, but I wasn't really a fan of the stock shocks w/ extensions so I recently put on Fox 2.0 Performance IFP's for a 2-3" lift. The shocks improved the ride quality alot. I can't compare it to any other lifts or really to stock since i lifted the JLU around week 2. I'm running 315/70/r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on stock wheels w/ 1.75" wheel spacers. On road ride is very smooth and controlled, this is my DD and I commute around 85 mi/day with it. Minimal offroad use so far but it seems to flex well and handle obstacles well.