2 Door rattle

Shadowfire

I’m having this issue on the drivers side it doesn’t look like the 4 doors have the same setup behind the door pillar .... there is a drain tube setup behind the pillar and a hard plastic track that runs from the top drain along the pillar and to the rail the top of the track is vibrating against the roll cage, the passenger side has not started yet..also I looked at a 2dr sport to compare and man it was nasty back behind the pillar with painted over slag balls .... I hope the rest of my unseen Jeep areas are not as crappy as that, build quality was off that day. I’m pretty sure a piece of sticky foam will fix it but I was curious to see if anyone else has seen this yet? I’m at 1,700 miles.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
yes, mine was rattling on both sides. I put some more tape on there and seems to be holding for now.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is with the top still on? That's a bummer. I wonder if it's the same kind of rattle you hear on the rear doors of a 4-door with the top off.

Shadowfire

I looked at a 4 door Rubicon and the area where the top and freedom panels come together on both sides have a plastic trim panel that covers up the drain so maybe...I’ll post some pictures in a bit so you can see other than annoying I don’t want it to wear the paint....with the top off it would be an eye sore

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Stoney126

Hate to bring this one back from the dead but I have a 19 jlu. Has a rattle the sounds like it's coming from the top of the door. When driving if I pop open the door or lift the freedom top the noise stops. The dealer said it's a warped door panel. This doesn't seem right . Anyway just wanted to see if you had similar issues . Thank you