Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best Top Sunrider

Quote Originally Posted by JLSaharacon View Post
    I always wondered where to buy that JLWrangler decal lol. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalters2002 View Post
    Been wondering myself about that sticker! 15.75 coming your way for one!! Thanks
    Thank you guys, I appreciate your support

Quote Originally Posted by darrenroos View Post
    I had one sent to me as a contest prize. I hope itís legit.
    LOL!! Again, congrats to you

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Thank you guys, I appreciate your support

LOL!! Again, congrats to you
    Iím not ordering one until my new windshield gets here. Already been waiting over 2 weeks for it. But did order some for the hardtop windows.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It's difficult if not impossible to trademark something as simple as the letters "JL" or a common word like "wrangler". I can almost guarantee you that FCA does not have a trademark for either. What you can trademark is a "logo" such as the one you see for this website or what FCA uses on their Jeeps. "JLWRANGLER" spelled in that manner is essentially a new word or in my case, a business name and while it can be tricky to trademark, it can be done if you know what you're doing and are willing to pay for it. And, in spite of what some seem to think, there's nothing cheap about copyrighting or trademarking logos, slogans or names.

As far as your burger joint goes, you can certainly try to call your main burger that but it'd probably be very difficult if not impossible to trademark. More than likely, the USPTO would decline your submission even before a McDonald's trademark lawyer put a stop to it. Again, there is a process to all this and one that costs a lot of money and that's why I work hard to protect my intellectual rights. If I didn't, I would risk the possibility of forfeiting them.
    I see, and that makes sense.

By the way, wouldn't you like to see the McDonald's attorney's face when I tell him that The BM doesn't stand for Big Mac, but rather Bowl Movement? Lol! Of course, if he/she ever had a McRib, they'd understand.

All you people have $50k+ vehicles and canít buy a $16 decal? You have to rip it off? Wtf

2012 Jeep Jk
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    All you people have $50k+ vehicles and can’t buy a $16 decal? You have to rip it off? Wtf

This is exactly how I feel every time I see a Smittybilt winch on a brand new or seriously built Wrangler. But honestly, cheaping out on a decal is a little more extreme.

Fresh Catch
    While I am not a lawyer, Eddie does have a case. Especially if one has sold those decals.
    I dont think I ever saw that dude actually apologize. Then again maybe he did in private. But just a little life lesson, learn to take the "L" and just be cool about it. It cost nothing to be a decent human being.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I just wanted to mention that Bestop has the Sunrider on sale for $200 less. If you were on the fence on this itís probably a good time. I think the price is good until November 30.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by SandPanda View Post
    While I am not a lawyer, Eddie does have a case. Especially if one has sold those decals.
    I dont think I ever saw that dude actually apologize. Then again maybe he did in private. But just a little life lesson, learn to take the "L" and just be cool about it. It cost nothing to be a decent human being.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Post 15, he apologized.

Getting back on topic, I hadnít really considered this top setup as a serious option, but maybe I should.

I have two little ones in the back who donít even like the windows down (well, one doesnít, the other doesnít express an opinion either way - sheís only 10 months old).

Thereís just something about the full top off that is so appealing. Not sure if this would satisfy me.

Honestly, I just wish the NX Glide would come out already. Itís essentially winter here now in Ohio, so top off season is gone, but Iíd love to have it ready to go for next year.

Which reminds me, I really need to install that hoist system that has been sitting in the garage for... 3 months...

IMG_0336.JPGIMG_0336.JPG
    So Update on my Sunrider short story is Iíve had a flutter sound coming from above the driver side of the rear view mirror BT said it was normal get used to it. Yesterday weather was nice so I opened my top and noticed this after cleaning my seals. I emailed BT to see what is going on but to me it looks obvious Iím going to need a new one this is gonna keep going. After only a month or so letís see how this plays out. Anyone else?

BTW I took it off for my MO trip so itís only been a on a few weeks not even a month. Maybe I caught a rock or something?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast