Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" Installed w/37's JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My ONLY concern with the Dynatrac lift is how it will respond to the added weight of front/rear steel bumpers, a winch, a tire carrier with basket with a 37" spare, as well as a loaded interior for a western wheeling adventure. With a 2.5" lift I can have that .5" of sag factored in but at 2", that 2" lift will become a 1.5" lift and I fear it may not be enough. Would be curious to hear what dynatrac says about my concern.

Sorry, not Dynatrac but if you don't mind, I'll chime in with what I know. Short of riding on blocks, ALL coils will compress or sag with weight, it's just the nature of the beast. The more a coil can hold up weight, the shittier the ride will be especially when unloaded. Softer coils will provide a much nicer ride but at the cost of sagging under load. The Dynatrac coils are designed to be somewhere in between. Up front, with a heavy front bumper and winch, the front end sagged about 3/4". I installed 3/4" spacers and that brought be all the way back up. In the rear and running Loaded up with all the gear I normally carry including a heavy welder, fluids and tons of gear, my factory coils with a 2.5" budget boost left my rear end sitting at only 1/2" of lift. The same amount of gear on the Dynatrac coils still kept me at about 1.5" of lift. As soon as I can find a set of spacers for the rear, I intend to run them to help address it. For me, ride comfort MOST of the time is more important than looking level when I load up and go camping.

NFRs2000NYC

Sorry, not Dynatrac but if you don't mind, I'll chime in with what I know. Short of riding on blocks, ALL coils will compress or sag with weight, it's just the nature of the beast. The more a coil can hold up weight, the shittier the ride will be especially when unloaded. Softer coils will provide a much nicer ride but at the cost of sagging under load. The Dynatrac coils are designed to be somewhere in between. Up front, with a heavy front bumper and winch, the front end sagged about 3/4". I installed 3/4" spacers and that brought be all the way back up. In the rear and running Loaded up with all the gear I normally carry including a heavy welder, fluids and tons of gear, my factory coils with a 2.5" budget boost left my rear end sitting at only 1/2" of lift. The same amount of gear on the Dynatrac coils still kept me at about 1.5" of lift. As soon as I can find a set of spacers for the rear, I intend to run them to help address it. For me, ride comfort MOST of the time is more important than looking level when I load up and go camping.

I didn’t realize you were still running their lift. That’s good news about their springs being less “saggy” for sure. My concern isn’t so much as looking level but rather to prevent rubbing 37s. Did you notice increased rubbing issues with you sagged down? I was thinking doing the same thing regarding spacers though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn’t realize you were still running their lift. That’s good news about their springs being less “saggy” for sure. My concern isn’t so much as looking level but rather to prevent rubbing 37s. Did you notice increased rubbing issues with you sagged down? I was thinking doing the same thing regarding spacers though.

Well, I'm not "still" running it. I recently re-installed it so that I could do longer term testing of it.

Regarding your concern about rubbing, it is impossible to have an increase of it just because you've sagged. Unless you remove your bump stop extensions, you will always have the same amount of stuff. That being said, the Dynatrac kit did a GREAT job of supporting the excessive weight I carry and to the point where I never bottomed out once in spite of it while doing a recent test. The same test would have left me with teeth falling out of my mouth with factory coils and shocks.

NFRs2000NYC

That’s a good point, totally forgot about the bumpstop factor. Glad to have you alleviate my concerns. Will be my lift of choice. Do you run adjustable trackbars or a stock one with a bracket? Also, think adding evo lower front arms would provide a benefit (albeit a minor one?)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a good point, totally forgot about the bumpstop factor. Glad to have you alleviate my concerns. Will be my lift of choice. Do you run adjustable trackbars or a stock one with a bracket? Also, think adding evo lower front arms would provide a benefit (albeit a minor one?)

I am not running relocation brackets or an adjustable track bar. If anything, this isn't enough lift to warrant a front relocation bracket and drag link lift and based on past experiences with aftermarket track bars, I'm kind of partial to OE. In reality, there really is no need for a correction up front for a lift of this size.

That being said, the rear could probably benefit from a relocation bracket if only because the Dynatrac lift yields the most flex of any kit I've tested out yet. The amount of stuff is significant and that can cause your rear drive shaft to make contact with the gastank skid plate, but just barely. I do believe that Dynatrac is working on this now.

EVO adjustable lower arms up front would be a nice addition so that you can add in a bit more positive caster.

SSBattalion

Well, I'm not "still" running it. I recently re-installed it so that I could do longer term testing of it.

Regarding your concern about rubbing, it is impossible to have an increase of it just because you've sagged. Unless you remove your bump stop extensions, you will always have the same amount of stuff. That being said, the Dynatrac kit did a GREAT job of supporting the excessive weight I carry and to the point where I never bottomed out once in spite of it while doing a recent test. The same test would have left me with teeth falling out of my mouth with factory coils and shocks.

In regards to testing out the Dynatrac springs again, did you also throw in the Fox shocks it comes with or just leave the Ranchos in?

NFRs2000NYC

Have you noticed/had issues with the OEM tierod? I've been hearing that for weight savings, they decided to make it hollow, and on top of that, there is a large hole on one side of it severely compromising strength, and I've seen a few failures from photos that judging by the trail, are a lot less serious that what I've seen you guys wheel on....have you noticed any issues?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Have you noticed/had issues with the OEM tierod? I've been hearing that for weight savings, they decided to make it hollow, and on top of that, there is a large hole on one side of it severely compromising strength, and I've seen a few failures from photos that judging by the trail, are a lot less serious that what I've seen you guys wheel on....have you noticed any issues?

Eddie put the JL through its paces and I haven’t noticed any issues with anything but the drain plug on the front axle.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

What I can tell you is that I've slipped off my line and smacked my tie-rod plenty of times and even completely destroyed my steering stabilizer in the process and so far so good. Maybe I just need to try harder and drive my tie-rod full force into rocks like a real badass.

Eddie put the JL through its paces and I haven’t noticed any issues with anything but the drain plug on the front axle.

I don't know who thought it'd be a good idea to put a drain plug on the bottom of a differential like that. :rolleyes2:

NFRs2000NYC

What I can tell you is that I've slipped off my line and smacked my tie-rod plenty of times and even completely destroyed my steering stabilizer in the process and so far so good. Maybe I just need to try harder and drive my tie-rod full force into rocks like a real badass.

I don't know who thought it'd be a good idea to put a drain plug on the bottom of a differential like that. :rolleyes2:

So you're saying a diff skid wouldn't be the worst idea lol? As for the tierod, the break I saw was at that hole I believe on the driver's side.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So you're saying a diff skid wouldn't be the worst idea lol?

LOL!! Not a real fan of how they look but to be honest, I'm already looking into getting a Rancho diff skid. THAT BEING SAID, the factory drain bolt comes recessed up into the differential from the factory. Over time and with enough hits, the drain bolt will still come loose and work it's way out. This will result in a significant leak. The only thing a skid will do is prevent the bolt from getting beat to all hell and impossible to tighten or remove.

As for the tierod, the break I saw was at that hole I believe on the driver's side.

Yeah, so people have been telling me. All I can say is that I'm not quite the badass that others seem to be and this has yet to be a problem for me.

JEEP-N-TEE

where to order

just curious. where is everyone that's running this lift ordering from. the dynatrac site is showing pre orders only with a release date of aug 15th. I would think they would be available at the distributers by now. thanks in advance!!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
just curious. where is everyone that's running this lift ordering from. the dynatrac site is showing pre orders only with a release date of aug 15th. I would think they would be available at the distributers by now. thanks in advance!!!!

As you can see from this thread, the OP ordered his kit directly from Dynatrac and already installed it.

Resqnu

Called and ordered mine from Dynatrac. The guys there are very helpful and will answer any questions you have. It was a very informative phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app