Resqnu's JLUR

Resqnu

I purchased my 2018 Granite Crystal JLUR on 08/30/18. I thought I would share my adventures with my JL as reading others on this forum has helped me. Watching Eddie’s videos on his JL pushed me over the edge to get one. I am coming from a 2017 JKUR HR with 35” tires and 2’ Mopar lift. I must say as much as I loved my JKUR, I am in love with my new JLUR. In my humble opinion, the JL is a more refined jeep compared to my JK. Mind you, I’m not bashing my JK, just the JL is a step up in many ways to me, especially creature comforts. I am 51 and appreciate those…lol. Today, 09/11/18, I had a Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” lift installed with 37x12.50.17 Cooper STT Pros on Fuel Anza whees. WOW! I love the look and ride. I know ride is subjective, but just installed it rides as good or better than stock to me. Drove home on the interstate doing 70-80 and handled like a dream. I could steer with one finger. It was very smooth. I should note that the tires had 40psi on the ride home and handled great. Once home, I lowered to 30psi after installing the Tazer. It should be even better once it settles in. The Fox shocks are massive and the springs feel very heavy duty with plenty of coils. I had called Dynatrac and spoke with Eric. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. I felt this lift would do everything I would ask of it and more. We will see. The shop I had it installed mentioned that the lift barely moved the caster. This was something that Eric discussed with me that their lift was designed not to effect caster much with the JL’s longer arms. I also added the Mopar All Weather matts, Mopar Brake Light, and a Tazer JL Lite. Eddie’s write up makes it a breezy to install. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1592A.jpg
    IMG_1592A.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1590.JPG
    IMG_1590.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 142

Cwadle

Tire protrusion?

I purchased my 2018 Granite Crystal JLUR on 08/30/18. I thought I would share my adventures with my JL as reading others on this forum has helped me. Watching Eddie’s videos on his JL pushed me over the edge to get one. I am coming from a 2017 JKUR HR with 35” tires and 2’ Mopar lift. I must say as much as I loved my JKUR, I am in love with my new JLUR. In my humble opinion, the JL is a more refined jeep compared to my JK. Mind you, I’m not bashing my JK, just the JL is a step up in many ways to me, especially creature comforts. I am 51 and appreciate those…lol. Today, 09/11/18, I had a Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” lift installed with 37x12.50.17 Cooper STT Pros on Fuel Anza whees. WOW! I love the look and ride. I know ride is subjective, but just installed it rides as good or better than stock to me. Drove home on the interstate doing 70-80 and handled like a dream. I could steer with one finger. It was very smooth. I should note that the tires had 40psi on the ride home and handled great. Once home, I lowered to 30psi after installing the Tazer. It should be even better once it settles in. The Fox shocks are massive and the springs feel very heavy duty with plenty of coils. I had called Dynatrac and spoke with Eric. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. I felt this lift would do everything I would ask of it and more. We will see. The shop I had it installed mentioned that the lift barely moved the caster. This was something that Eric discussed with me that their lift was designed not to effect caster much with the JL’s longer arms. I also added the Mopar All Weather matts, Mopar Brake Light, and a Tazer JL Lite. Eddie’s write up makes it a breezy to install. Here are a few pics.

I absolutely love the tire wheel combo, just wondering how far out the tires protude from the fenders.

Resqnu

My god, you might have built the perfect JLU. huge props, not gonna lie, probably will steal your ideas. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Lol. Thank you. I am very happy with it. I must say I copied what Eddie and others have done. Others have way more experience and I’m just following them and adding my touches. Reading about there Jeep and seeing their pics made me go the same direction.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app