JL JOURNAL : Jeep JL Wrangler Spiderweb Sunshade Installation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the 80’s, BMW used to advertise their 325i covertable as being, “the ultimate tanning machine”. As if they could have ever held a candle to a Jeep JL Wrangler. However, if there is a downside to running doorless and topless, it’s that the sun can be relentless. And, depending on how long you’re out in it, that can leave you sizzling! So, what do ya do when you wanna strip down and enjoy that open air feel but would really like to have a bit of protection from the sun? You get a SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE!

Made in the USA, the SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE is a bikini or safari top designed to keep you cool but without completely blocking your view of the sky. It’ll block up to 90% of the sun’s harmful UV rays, reduce wind noise and being that it doesn’t use a header, it never has to be removed. In other words, you can keep it on even if you reinstall your factory top. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install. We hope you enjoy.

BUY a SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE:
https://amzn.to/2NsGJbt

BUY a Milwaukee M12 Ratchet:
https://amzn.to/2x2MGkZ

See More pics of the SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE Installed here:
CHILLIN in the SHADE - JL Wrangler SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE for JET Li

JTCO

Meme King
Great video. Quite a bit more involved than the JK install but sure seems like they thought it out very well for the JL. Great design. Oh, and I've been loving the unboxing editing on the vids.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Quite a bit more involved than the JK install but sure seems like they thought it out very well for the JL. Great design. Oh, and I've been loving the unboxing editing on the vids.

LOL!! Glad to hear you're enjoying the unboxing as much as we are :D

I’m really impressed with the quality of this after seeing it last week.

Making you want one for your Jeep :yup:

I like the new style way of attaching.

It really is a nice improvement. :cool:

JAGS

Great install vid as always. When I was looking at shades a couple months ago, spiderweb was in the top two. They didn’t do very well at marketing some of the updates. I had no idea. They should put your vid on their website. [emoji6][emoji106]

jptamu1958

Back in the 80’s, BMW used to advertise their 325i covertable as being, “the ultimate tanning machine”. As if they could have ever held a candle to a Jeep JL Wrangler. However, if there is a downside to running doorless and topless, it’s that the sun can be relentless. And, depending on how long you’re out in it, that can leave you sizzling! So, what do ya do when you wanna strip down and enjoy that open air feel but would really like to have a bit of protection from the sun? You get a SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE!

Made in the USA, the SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE is a bikini or safari top designed to keep you cool but without completely blocking your view of the sky. It’ll block up to 90% of the sun’s harmful UV rays, reduce wind noise and being that it doesn’t use a header, it never has to be removed. In other words, you can keep it on even if you reinstall your factory top. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install. We hope you enjoy.

BUY a SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE:
https://amzn.to/2NsGJbt

BUY a Milwaukee M12 Ratchet:
https://amzn.to/2x2MGkZ

See More pics of the SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE Installed here:
CHILLIN in the SHADE - JL Wrangler SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE for JET Li

Nice post!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great install vid as always. When I was looking at shades a couple months ago, spiderweb was in the top two. They didn’t do very well at marketing some of the updates. I had no idea. They should put your vid on their website. [emoji6][emoji106]

LOL!! I wasn't aware of the updates either or as you can see, not until I started installing it :crazyeyes:

Nice post!

Thank you :)

Great video Eddie thank you. Kims JL will be getting one for sure.

I think you guys will like it a lot :)

StingRubi19

I'll definitely be getting one of these for next summer. It's already getting cool so the hard top will be staying on.
Nice to see how this new design hooks up. As always, really appreciate the install video Eddie! They're quite handy to refer back to!

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll definitely be getting one of these for next summer. It's already getting cool so the hard top will be staying on.
Nice to see how this new design hooks up. As always, really appreciate the install video Eddie! They're quite handy to refer back to!

Awesome, so glad to hear our videos are helpful to others :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie,
In the rare, impromptu situation that we may want to fold the windshield down, will this still work? It seems like the windshield is required to keep those front clips in place.
Thanks for the post!

Actually, the clips are secured to the header and the windshield is NOT required to hold them in place. In other words, you can fold it down and without any issues.

CalSgt

My lovely wife saw me looking at these on Amazon after watching your video a few months ago, she ordered one directly from Spiderwebshade so I wouldnt see it in the Amazon cart. She gave it to me today for my birthday...

We both had a laugh about the thought of driving with the top down right now, average daily high is 58 degrees