WAYALIFE CB Radio Antenna Mount - Jeep JL WRANGLER Tailgate (2018-Up)

VitaMeVas

Question!?!

Eddie (or anyone who knows), I know you connected your power to the red/white aux wire bc it goes directly to the battery. Is there any benefit to running a separate power wire directly to the battery? I’m just wondering if the potential benefit is worth the effort? I’m just wiring in a cobra 75 kit with antennae to the tailgate using the cool tech kit.

Thanks in advance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie (or anyone who knows), I know you connected your power to the red/white aux wire bc it goes directly to the battery. Is there any benefit to running a separate power wire directly to the battery? I’m just wondering if the potential benefit is worth the effort? I’m just wiring in a cobra 75 kit with antennae to the tailgate using the cool tech kit.

Thanks in advance.

Not that I know of. If there were a benefit, I would have done it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any reason we can’t go to the orange/pink that’s connected to ignition? I’m thinking I’ll be the idiot that leaves the radio on and drains a battery. Just wondering.

You can do it but you'll get noise in the line and you'll hear it on your radio. I would NOT recommend it.

As mentioned, you can leave your CB on for longer than you think and not kill your battery.

Piginajeep

You can do it but you'll get noise in the line and you'll hear it on your radio. I would NOT recommend it.

As mentioned, you can leave your CB on for longer than you think and not kill your battery.

Usually overnight at least once on a trail run. [emoji23]

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1