WHAT SIZE TIRES? : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

What size tire are you running on your JL Wrangler or hope to run soon?

• STOCK TIRES

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • 35" TIRES

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • 37" TIRES

Votes: 52 35.9%
  • 40" TIRES

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • GREATER THAN 40" TIRES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ibgpin

37's

I am running 37" Pro Comp AT/Sport tires with a 2.5" Rough Country spacer lift. I removed the ends of the factory steel front bumper and have no rubbing issues. I put on 37's because on my JK with 35's I was rubbing the bottom a lot. Although my current lift is smaller then what I had on the JK I am rubbing less on the same obstacles. The spacer lift is temporary until AEV comes out with their JL lift kits.

MacombRoger

Rules

Well I have an agreement with my wife that I won't modify the jeep for 1 year. Her loss, it convinced me to upgrade to the steel bumpers instead of just getting after market replacements right away. Anyway, therefore my Rubicon has the stock 33" tires. When they wear out, I will replace them with 35" and probably do a lift at the same time. We'll see, that is a couple years away I get.

How's a lift look with 33" tires? That might happen before the tires wear out.

Thanks!

Bundy

Well I have an agreement with my wife that I won't modify the jeep for 1 year. Her loss, it convinced me to upgrade to the steel bumpers instead of just getting after market replacements right away. Anyway, therefore my Rubicon has the stock 33" tires. When they wear out, I will replace them with 35" and probably do a lift at the same time. We'll see, that is a couple years away I get.

How's a lift look with 33" tires? That might happen before the tires wear out.

Thanks!

Just did it Saturday and haven't decided on which tires to get yet... leaning towards 37"

download_20180908_190132.jpg

AlfredoB

I have a set of Maxxis 35" x 13.5 x 17 on KXD 231 wheels; I have a 2" lift from Mopar. I would have gone up to 37" tires but I think the ride would have been a bit rougher than with the 35".... and 35" is boarder line
Thanks

20180909194320-9d529f16-me.jpg

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting yet another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on JLWRANGLER and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

As always, we would LOVE for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question but what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to a random member who participate in our poll.

With all that said...

WHAT SIZE TIRES are you running on your JL WRANGLER or hope to run soon?

STOCK TIRES
35" TIRES
37" TIRES
40" TIRES
GREATER THAN 40" TIRES

Of course, if you could ALSO provide your reasons for your choice in tire size, we'd love to hear all about it. Thank you for your help! :thumb:

Supercharged

I have a Sport S that I upgraded to Rubicon wheels with the 33" tires. I don't have a lift so not looking to go any bigger at this time for clearance and rubbing reasons. Having a special needs child that can't walk or crawl, etc also another reason that I don't intend to lift for reasons of being able to get 45+ lbs of dead weight in and out of the Jeep.

DeVoTee

I’m on 37x13.50 on my Jk for the JL I’ll probably go 37x12.50 to help keep the sides clean. I wish more tire companies made 38x13.50 options

Bibsoutdoors

Do I have to go home? I just got here!

Looks like I jumped into the deep end with the big dogs! I just picked up a new Rubicon that came with 33" tires, that size isn't even a choice on the survey size question. Looks like I'll be packing my bags and pushing off looking for the bunny hill!

Attachments

• 20180910_164405.jpg
    20180910_164405.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 135

Firejeep

My wife needed new tires on her 4Runner, so she got my 33’s and I got new tires. Went with 315/70 17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers because Discount wouldn’t put 37’s on factory wheels. Eventually I’ll put 37’s with some new wheels.

drhcobra

My plan is to go with 35's on stock rims when I get my 2dr. Most off my wheeling will be on trails but I want to do some moderate rock crawling. Maybe 37's someday with some new wheels.

Sting-Gray Kam

38x13.50R17 Milestar Patagonia M/T

I’m currently running the 38” tires because I was bought them to run the Rubicon Trail. I wanted to get the belly of the Jeep as high off the ground (within my budget) to minimize how many obstacles I would need to drag myself over.

JLSahara

My first Jeep. Wanted the Jeep life but also some comfort and conveniences (looks too, re: leather white stitching) from my precious luxury car. Therefore, I got a Sahara.

I still want to be able to go off-road but I knew I wouldn’t do it too often with my schedule. I was going to go 17’s with a 35 but from an aesthetic point of view, and since I had a Sahara now anyways, I picked up some 18’s with 35’s.

Now my wife wants a Jeep, so I might get her a Rubi and put some 17’s with 35’s and then swap her Jeeps lol.

Here’s my mindset on what each car would primarily be:
Sahara: comfort, aesthetics, some off-roading,
Rubi: Performance , off-roader, Wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r75usmc

Taking a moderate approach

My JLUR (ordered 8/18) is my first Jeep and will be my daily. I am currently planning a 2.5” Rock Krawler lift with 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I know many prefer 37’s with any lift on a JL Rubi, but I am concerned about how I will feel about power until I can get a Ripp supercharger. I will also be waiting until middle of next year to do this as my current commute is 41 miles and I plan to cut that in half before doing larger tires.

Deezus

If we're talking stock axles then 37s. Aftermarket axles would be 40s as I'm not sure stock axles would handle 40s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Deezus

My JLUR (ordered 8/18) is my first Jeep and will be my daily. I am currently planning a 2.5” Rock Krawler lift with 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I know many prefer 37’s with any lift on a JL Rubi, but I am concerned about how I will feel about power until I can get a Ripp supercharger. I will also be waiting until middle of next year to do this as my current commute is 41 miles and I plan to cut that in half before doing larger tires.
A supercharger? For what reason? Very interested...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

unaseer

Go with 37s! The JL Rubicon turns them without any issue. You'll get extra clearance and they look good. They are pricey and heavy though. Your MPG will suffer, but it's a Wrangler!

20180827_182523.jpg