WHAT SIZE TIRES? : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

What size tire are you running on your JL Wrangler or hope to run soon?

• STOCK TIRES

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • 35" TIRES

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • 37" TIRES

Votes: 52 35.9%
  • 40" TIRES

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • GREATER THAN 40" TIRES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OconRecon

Poll vote - done!

For me, it's Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50R18LT tires - no lift kit or spacers, with American Racing ATX Wheels - AX195 18x9 - NO RUB!

Wanted more of a low-ish road-growler look vs lifted high-in-the-sky look (are those even terms that're close to what I want to describe? Heck, I dunno). 35's with no lift is THE main reason I went Rubicon vs Sahara.

99% daily-driver for my use case.

They ride a little nobby right now, but my set up is only 900 miles old, and a buddy of mine has had the same set up for 6 months, and his rides smoother than mine.

29mqeq1JckrKW6lWYRHjq1bbvWuPaiWqEVlKOtNah0IowP72UY9cHS2F5ar9kXZFXwtsX-dwGA-ZiLPxMcXdvk18R11HbaCn75jajWu890SWd0ntbU2M0VpwxDpHehTK8KJa8oXPGpLCUaxIxCoPEB3BQPIJVQrfmLs2xnCzbwBrKhI9coqve_LURtxqIKlhaMGt13Whc_WMInzTkf3uR_4pyBdq0t_ZGjV8wHmmSG58AiQDcZnkOGChaiwTqVppNFHfP_JlFWeF4-DKxN30onU6t2ugC2dBS7eanlTuSaDtUk7rzCAGkmC0dcNH1v7PcwhCNC66NLQeFEnzMhKHuoj6njBAr8WEa7olkGVe8mcKRBtTUkLmuZI_x5GjkI0x3p9DuN_3wVggiLqwq41A5UHFzzSy0ypQaFSngxtQ1hMRu--yNr2Qq7Q1xPjYX6KDFYkUVl9Nz1MI9iSW4XR47-xqv1AYQIJfC2wJqXYH4bXsZDfTfpbu2Y7-mTVBMnVuii173KvVY6fyg6fYi8h_TcQ0DRWS-voF2y7elhwph8otuuQiDpRaVMhXFmLqNIjyzKVgxRF7g1dT9pmXWPxYVPCrFVasd_fOEEeNwD9C1SuKqBS8Df7rAsFj-BB9TUtr=w1050-h788-no

Resqnu

I will be running 37's STT Pro after tomorrow. I like the look of the 37's. 90% daily driver, but wanted very capable when needed for trips out west.

RockingK

Another great post! I am still waiting for the diesel to come out 🙄. This wait has given me more time to think about how I will build/use this rig for. Rock crawler? 37/40, trail rig 35/37?, pull behind the motor home as an exploration rig? I totally dig how Jet Li turned out and if it towed well on 37’s with that lift, I am thinking it would be the perfect combo.

Thanks again

3T426

My JL is mainly a daily driver, I've gone out on the trails twice since getting her in February. Not many areas available near me to legally do some offroading (2+ hours travel every direction). I currently have the stock tires, but would like in the future to go to 37's (don't know which yet). And I may not be doing that upgrade anytime soon since I bought the tire warranty, although I haven't read it completely to determine if it covers aftermarket tires or just factory tires....its 316 pages long :icon_crazy:

Dirty Tj

Tires

Thanks to you, I'm running 37/12.5 STT pros on my crystal Granite JLUR . After searching the Internet they just look like the perfect size tire. As of last Friday, September 7 the dealership installed my 2 inch Factory lift kit, and mounted my tires on the Mopar bead lock rims. The tires were installed the standard way with just a beauty ring, however I did purchase the additional bead lock rings for a future date. My jeep is a daily driver light weekend wheeler with plans to go to Moab the year after next. It's kind of a long trip from Boston but it should be a great family vacation. The tires are quiet, if not a little tall, I've noticed no significant decrease in acceleration or breaking as of yet. I haven't been on the highway enough to see If the transmission has to hunt for gears. My wife who is only 4 foot nine, is desperately awaiting the arrival of the Powered side steps from rockslide engineering. If I had it my way I would've gone with the rockslide engineering destroy series.

IMG_1235.jpgIMG_1235.jpg

Stingrey

I just picked up my Sting Grey JLU Sahara 2 weeks ago. My first Jeep and loving it so far.
I've been looking around (alot) and the number of 17" wheel options is a little overwhelming.
I'll just be going up to a 33" (33" not in the poll options) like the K02 or DuraTrac.
I don't have the rocky terrain trails many of you lucky ones seem to have.
Cheers.

GhostJL

35"

I'm still on the stock 33". I will be upgrading to the 35" Cooper STT Pro or KM3's. Building the Jeep for overloading with the occasional trip up Deer Valley or Rubicon.

DudeBro

Just got my jeep so I still have the stock tires, but hopefully soon I'll be able to upgrade. I cant decide what I should get though. I want to put 35s on it, but I have a sport s and keep hearing that if I put 35s I have to re-gear. So I was thinking 33s, but then I hear from people that 33s aren't worth it and a waste of money so I'm at a loss. Maybe I'll just have to wait for my lease to be up to trade up to a rubicon.

tonygiotta

Running 35's (315/70-17) right out of the gate, and building for 37's (or maybe bigger...). I figure by the time my 35's wear out, the weak links in the JL drivetrain/suspension/steering will have been discovered. I'll also have time for the aftermarket to catch up and allow me more choices to customize the way I want. When it's time for new shoes, I'll be built up right!

RMC2

Currently running stock 33s. But I feel the JLUR looks great with 37s. The extra inch of clearance over 35s makes me feel better too. I am on a slow path to get there though, even though it is cheaper and easier than on the JK. I am waiting for more products and reviews. I don’t think the average person could go wrong with 35s, and that includes me.

I really see many more going bigger axles and 40s though. It seems so easy to get there.

Albbreinholt

Still running the stock 31” that came on my sport s, and plan to continue until they need replacing. Then I am going to go up to a 35”. Not sure what tire yet but something that is still good on road as it is my daily driver.

STR1KER

35" Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Studded Tires

Let me explain why we went w/ studded tires so early... (It's a JLU Sport S)
Our son was hit head-on by a 2108 Kenworth logging TT on 8/20/18. Thankfully no brain, spine or internal organ damage, but every other bone in his body is either broken or shattered.
We hauled arse to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon NH from our home in Gaithersburg MD.
He's going to be there into the winter, and it comes early up there. Temps at night are already in the 30s.
We will be commuting back and forth as we can, and so far with trips back and forth, there have been no issues, and the backing camera is clear.
We have the Rubi-Express 2.5" lift. No rubbing, however, we did need to put a spacer for the spare. Smittybilt has a sweet new bracket set up that works great with no tailgate weight issues.
We just got back from NH/VT last night, driving thru the remnants of tropical storm Gordon. The tires held up fantastcally w/ no issues of hydroplane, slippage, or drifting. This is also hauling at 75/80mph at some points. It's not smart to run studs on a highway or at high speeds like that, but we're doing what we have a do to be there for our son. It will be at least another 2 weeks before we can go up there, and though the region is beautiful, the colder temps are comin'.
Better safe than sorry.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love having 37’s on my jk so when I get a JL I will go right for 37’s again. It’s a perfect size for a vast majority of the wheeling I have done over the years and most importantly they look great

Duke

I'm still running the stock 33's but will probably try some 35's next. Really like the look of 35's and I'll get a little more height.