WHAT SIZE TIRES? : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

What size tire are you running on your JL Wrangler or hope to run soon?

• STOCK TIRES

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • 35" TIRES

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • 37" TIRES

Votes: 52 35.9%
  • 40" TIRES

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • GREATER THAN 40" TIRES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20180909194320-9d529f16-me.jpg

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting yet another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on JLWRANGLER and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

As always, we would LOVE for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question but what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to a random member who participate in our poll.

With all that said...

WHAT SIZE TIRES are you running on your JL WRANGLER or hope to run soon?

STOCK TIRES
35" TIRES
37" TIRES
40" TIRES
GREATER THAN 40" TIRES

Of course, if you could ALSO provide your reasons for your choice in tire size, we'd love to hear all about it. Thank you for your help! :thumb:

YAHAHA

We just installed Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17 on our JLUR. We switched back to the stock JL wheels since my wife likes them better than the JK wheels we were running. We mostly do mild off-road driving about once a month on wooded trails. Wanted a little more tire and will most likely work up to a 2" lift around black friday or maybe Christmas. So far, moving up to the 35" tires, the Jeep doesn't stay in 8th gear as much on the highway and stopping effort is slightly increased. Other than that, love the move up to the new size so far.

We put the stock 285/70/17 tires from the JLUR on our F150.

Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We just installed Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17 on our JLUR. We switched back to the stock JL wheels since my wife likes them better than the JK wheels we were running.

We put the stock 285/70/17 tires from the JLUR on our F150.

So, you're currently running 35's. Would it be possible for you to add that to the poll? Thanks!

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I’d say 40’s for sure on the JL. The extra length and width make it way different from the JK. I think 37’s are more than sufficient on a JK but 40’s would be best on a JL.

My opinion only and that is 4 door not two door.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

I'll be running 37s. I think it's more than enough for the wheeling I do, plus it seems to look perfect on a 4 door.

darrenroos

37s since it’s within a middle-class budget, works with the 4.10 gears, wont break D44 axels (fingers crossed), and gives enough clearance for a lot of fun on most trails. 40s is a whole new level of rock crawling where I think the top half should be something more basic that could be rolled, dented, etc. and certainly doesn’t come with blind spot monitoring, leather seats, and an auto start/stop.

Last edited:

benatc1

In comparison to the JKU I feel as if 37s on the JLU are similar to 35s JKU so perhaps 40s would be the ticket, however 37s fit easily on the JL without much upgrading, depends on your goal but 40s should be the goal in my opinion

USAFChiefretd

Currently running 35s with a 2" Mopar lift. Will almost certainly upgrade to at least 37’s or maybe 40’s when these 35’s wear out.

silverbullet88

35” tires for me. The size has taken me to most all trails around Northern California to include the Rubicon and some of fordyce. I think the size is large enough for most people and keeps wear and tear at a minimum. Plus it’s my daily driver so don’t want to go to big. Gas, tire cost etc.

However, I still want 37’s and will probably do that next! Lol.

Four Flusher

I'd prefer 37" tires but I'm on 35"s. I think maybe I could change a 35" in an emergency, no way a 37"er. 37's look better and surely perform better but for me they're a no go, ah to be 50 again. Ever notice that 33" on stock height Rubicon look pretty good, but in pictures they look tiny. Ditto the 35" in person look really large but in pictures not so much.In my opinion 37"s look best.

BillEngland

37's... 2in Rubicon Express lift cause it's cheap as anything I've found. Stock rims, they rub the swaybar skid plate at full turn barely. I'm not happy with the hunting for gears and will probably regear to 4.88's soon because I also plan to tow an overland tent as soon as the motorhome sells. I wouldn't go any bigger on stock axle shafts. I can have lots of adventures with 37's. Funny part is the stock rubber went to the wife's 4Runner, that's as big as it can take.
:D

BBDOC

35” tire choice

I love my 315’s! Cooper stt pro. Moderate off-road and my daily driver. Planning for a 1.5 -2” lift still but happy so far with what I have.

CanAmMick

When we purchased our Jeep about 3 months ago it already had BFG’s 35x12.5R18 KO2’s load range E tires. It was hard at first trying to figure out what air pressure to go with, but Eddie gave me some good pointers! So far, we’re very pleased with them.

MrGiant

Since I do not have my JL yet, I hope to run the stock 33s soon[emoji3]. A dream would be 35s, maybe 37s. But since I live in Germany with strict regulations, 33s will be my choice for a while....these fit legally on the stock rubi wheels and I want to keep these in any way

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Paladin JL

Cooper 35” Tires

We installed Cooper SST Pro, 35 in with XD 18 inch rims. With our 2inch Mopar lift I felt this combination would allow me to do some moderate rock crawling. Currently in Moab and just did Hells Revenge without a single touch. It was awesome. Aired down to 20 lbs and those Cooper tires were just unbelievable. This was my first rock crawling experience so we hired a local guide to follow in his tracks and provide a few spots in the more difficult areas.

Cargo

What size Tires
I left the stock tires on my JL Rubicon because most of my driving is done on parkways and I don’t want to lose the gas mileage I’m getting. The only time I’m off-road is when I go to my cabin that’s 2 miles into the woods on a beat up road and their good enough for those conditions.