Aux1 aux2 aux3 aux4

greshowak

This is the only forum I come to (so I don't think I read it), but I've watched umpteen YouTube Jeep vids this year, and one of them mentioned it. Wish I could recall who, but it was a passing comment (not the primary topic), and as soon as they said it, I had the same reaction as you.

I'll post it here if I find it.

I contacted ZAutomotive. They have been working on this feature and should get it figured out.

-Dan

ddays v2

Hi, thanks for posting. Where have you seen an all windows down AUX button wired? This would be awesome.
thanks, -Dan

I contacted ZAutomotive. They have been working on this feature and should get it figured out.

-Dan

I hope it’s easy, I look forward to it

Is this really a big deal? Do other manufacturers offer this feature? LOL, I ordered my JK with manual windows so this is foreign territory for me. ;)

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Is this really a big deal? Do other manufacturers offer this feature? LOL, I ordered my JK with manual windows so this is foreign territory for me. ;)

LOL! I don't understand the desire for auto up/down windows, adaptive cruise, etc... at least on a Wrangler. On a Grand Cherokee, sure. But a Wrangler? The badass American offroad, can-do machine? How much more convenience do you really need? [And this is coming from someone who has automated the majority of his home.] Soon we'll have self-navigating Jeeps allowing you to nap or play Candy Crush while on the Rubicon. An Elon Musk edition Sahara anyone? Sure, I'll park it right next to my '14 Dragon Edition.

13_gecko_rubi

LOL! I don't understand the desire for auto up/down windows, adaptive cruise, etc... at least on a Wrangler. On a Grand Cherokee, sure. But a Wrangler? The badass American offroad, can-do machine? How much more convenience do you really need? [And this is coming from someone who has automated the majority of his home.] Soon we'll have self-navigating Jeeps allowing you to nap or play Candy Crush while on the Rubicon. An Elon Musk edition Sahara anyone? Sure, I'll park it right next to my '14 Dragon Edition.
Well remember if the 95% of people that buy the Wrangler for normal daily driver duty (that want these features) stop buying them, then your off road icon ceases to exist.

Sent via....

Shadowfire

Old school...jeeps like the originals bare necessities no creature comforts, I for one enjoy the auto down but wonder why not also auto up? The adaptive cruise, well that is just a way to introduce you to your inability to use proper following distance, basically the industry saying hey you can’t so we will for you. Each additional capability added justifies the additional cost. Every generation of Jeep had its skeptics and critics as to what was and wasn’t needed but looking back, radio..for what sing to yourself, air conditioning that’s ridiculous roll the windows down, automatic you lazy bastard learn to use a manual tranny, power steering shit if you can’t handle that you shouldn’t be in a Jeep , fuel economy, cruise control wtf it’s a Jeep , welcome to the best driving most sophisticated Jeep yet and only time will tell if it’s a success or a flop and we will be the deciders. ...who still plays candy crush

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Well remember if the 95% of people that buy the Wrangler for normal daily driver duty (that want these features) stop buying them, then your off road icon ceases to exist.

Sent via....

Darn it gecko, will you please stop making sense? You're ruining my satire. LOL! :cheesy:

You know it's funny, everytime I think about posting something like this about ACC, parking sensors and auto windows I think exactly what you just posted, and then I decide to keep my mouth shut. This time I forgot to think before posting. Still though, I'd like to get an autographed picture of Elon Musk in a Dragon Edition JKU.

13_gecko_rubi

Darn it gecko, will you please stop making sense? You're ruining my satire. LOL! :cheesy:

You know it's funny, everytime I think about posting something like this about ACC, parking sensors and auto windows I think exactly what you just posted, and then I decide to keep my mouth shut. This time I forgot to think before posting. Still though, I'd like to get an autographed picture of Elon Musk in a Dragon Edition JKU.
Lol I'd like one too! I think the final dragon was just sold not long ago :)

Sent via....

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Old school...jeeps like the originals bare necessities no creature comforts, I for one enjoy the auto down but wonder why not also auto up? The adaptive cruise, well that is just a way to introduce you to your inability to use proper following distance, basically the industry saying hey you can’t so we will for you. Each additional capability added justifies the additional cost. Every generation of Jeep had its skeptics and critics as to what was and wasn’t needed but looking back, radio..for what sing to yourself, air conditioning that’s ridiculous roll the windows down, automatic you lazy bastard learn to use a manual tranny, power steering shit if you can’t handle that you shouldn’t be in a Jeep , fuel economy, cruise control wtf it’s a Jeep , welcome to the best driving most sophisticated Jeep yet and only time will tell if it’s a success or a flop and we will be the deciders. ...who still plays candy crush

Everybody knows there hasn't been a real Jeep since rectangular headlights. LOL.

Edit... I've moved on to Cookie Jam.

13_gecko_rubi

Has anyone wired the rough country 30 inch light bar to the aux switches yet?? Having a hard time figuring out how

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Run the red wire from the light bar to the aux switch wire. Run the black wire from the light bar to chassis ground. The wires straight from bar. If it has a harness with fuses and a switch can thrown it all away or throw in spare parts bin.

Sent via....

NFRs2000NYC

Hate to ask off topic but do the above windshield light bars really all make a lot of wind noise and mess up airflow with top off? I had read this somewhere.
Is this true?

I have a 50” on my jk withthe isolators and yes the noise is there. The isolators help kill the whistling but the wind noise is pronounced, and I have a hard top. On my JL I will get a more powerful setup on my bumper but not run a 50” bar.

Cwadle

Run the red wire from the light bar to the aux switch wire. Run the black wire from the light bar to chassis ground. The wires straight from bar. If it has a harness with fuses and a switch can thrown it all away or throw in spare parts bin.

Sent via....

So you're saying just to splice the cable into the aux switch and basically cut out the rest of the harness?? IMG_7544.jpg