Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Selection: Stubby, Recessed Winch, OEM Fogs, Bull Bar

Anyone have the shorter version on 102355? Trying to decide...

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalt View Post
    Thats a sharp looking bumper. Which winch did you mount on it? Great color choice, my JL the same.
    Thanks, this is the Mopar bumper (ends off), Warn Zeon 10-S winch, and Warn mid-height grill guard.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bumper Selection: Stubby, Recessed Winch, OEM Fogs, Bull Bar

Just wanted to throw in a comment on the Mopar front bumper. I am definitely not an expert and to date my only experience with the JL has been during the JLX. Unfortunately on the JL Experience there are so many things (both good & bad) that are just not able to be captured, and until we complete the cloning program of getting a Cindy and Eddie to follow and film alongside each rig, we will continue to miss a bunch of “lessons learned”. Anyway, the rigs that were running this bumper (Synergy and JKS for sure), showed serious signs of use with mild contact, the area circled/highlighted in the photo was basically torn off even with light contact on rocks exposing the round flat metal structural piece beneath.

IMG_2176.JPG

I understand not everyone will wheel to the level you see in the videos for the JLX, but that is kind of normal out here in the west/southwest to actually have your bumper make contact with rocks every time you’re on a trail. I am in no way saying it’s not a great bumper choice, because Jeep did a nice job aesthetically, but a 4500lbs(++) vehicle lightly touching something changes aesthetics of parts easily.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    I agree with gcm2.0 (I thought jks ran barnes bumpers) factory looks good, but like the rear bumper or rock sliders, factory has its limits.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2.0 View Post
    Just wanted to throw in a comment on the Mopar front bumper. I am definitely not an expert and to date my only experience with the JL has been during the JLX. Unfortunately on the JL Experience there are so many things (both good & bad) that are just not able to be captured, and until we complete the cloning program of getting a Cindy and Eddie to follow and film alongside each rig, we will continue to miss a bunch of “lessons learned”. Anyway, the rigs that were running this bumper (Synergy and JKS for sure), showed serious signs of use with mild contact, the area circled/highlighted in the photo was basically torn off even with light contact on rocks exposing the round flat metal structural piece beneath.

IMG_2176.JPG

I understand not everyone will wheel to the level you see in the videos for the JLX, but that is kind of normal out here in the west/southwest to actually have your bumper make contact with rocks every time you’re on a trail. I am in no way saying it’s not a great bumper choice, because Jeep did a nice job aesthetically, but a 4500lbs(++) vehicle lightly touching something changes aesthetics of parts easily.
    thanks for the info, I've been holding off waiting to see what kind of impact the bumper can take.

I don't wheel as much as I like but when I can, I'm out west and always surprised how many dings the bumper takes as high up as it is.

The bumper search continues.

All great points ^^. I would definitely not consider this a rock crawling bumper. Like GCM said, aesthetically its a great looking bumper, but if you compare it to the stubbies out there the factory steel lacks the smooth panels that would allow it to slide off of obstacles. I gave that a lot of thought before I went with them and may eventually regret it, but for now this JL will stick to the "overlanding" () chores. I'll use the JK for the harder stuff.

Bumper Selection: Stubby, Recessed Winch, OEM Fogs, Bull Bar

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    ..........I thought jks ran barnes bumpers.........

olram, you are correct, I went back and looked through my photos and JKS did not have factory bumpers. Thanks for the correction.
    Last edited by GCM 2.0; 01-03-2019 at 07:33 PM.

I have the Roam Offroad front bumper and love it. I like the way the winch sits between the frame rails and the I like the front skid plate. The fact that is made in the US is also mega cool. The recovery points are very stout.

So as far as the install went, it was a breeze. Everything fit right. Everything lined up right. It was very easy. I also think it looks great.

The folk at Roam Offroad were great to deal with also. Just a win win all the way around.

49348964_226413781600798_8236226601902145536_n (1).jpg

20181202_160438.jpg

Hooked
    LOD shortly are nice. IMG_3133.jpg

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_01 View Post
    LOD shortly are nice. IMG_3133.jpg

I concur.

20180819_193357-1280x960.jpg

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast