Towing

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I just read another sight that says the 2dr is 3500 across the JL line and the 4 dr is the same

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I hope you don’t mind, but out of respect for the creators of this privately owned forum, I removed the image you posted from that other, corporately owned forum. The proprietors of this forum are real Jeep lovers, and not just in it for the money.

All of that information was posted here, many months ago.

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?219-OFFICIAL-2018-Jeep-JL-Wrangler-Owners-Manual-SEE-IT-NOW!!

IMG_2594.JPG

2 door = 2,000 lbs.
4 door = 3,500 lbs.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
I’m confused about the difference in forums though that chart had jlwranglerforum.com watermark is this not an extension of that forum in an app form?

The members here at jlwrangler.com actually know and interact with each other in real life. On top of that, the owners, moderators, and members strive for accurate and true information. I have never met such a great group of people that will stand for truth even if it means offending some little bitch snowflake. Other forums (from my experience) just post whatever they've heard or makes someone feel good and can turn into a cyber cancer with no reliable source. Anyone can throw a watermark on a picture just Iike any dog can jizz on your leg in an attempt to mark it's property. That doesn't make it true or accurate. This isn't a forum competition by any means, but here at jlwrangler.com, we really strive to provide accurate information to the best if our intentions along with a fun and friendly environment.

JP223/3USA

The members here at jlwrangler.com actually know and interact with each other in real life. On top of that, the owners, moderators, and members strive for accurate and true information. I have never met such a great group of people that will stand for truth even if it means offending some little bitch snowflake. Other forums (from my experience) just post whatever they've heard or makes someone feel good and can turn into a cyber cancer with no reliable source. Anyone can throw a watermark on a picture just Iike any dog can jizz on your leg in an attempt to mark it's property. That doesn't make it true or accurate. This isn't a forum competition by any means, but here at jlwrangler.com, we really strive to provide accurate information to the best if our intentions along with a fun and friendly environment.

You’re dang right!!!! Experience speakers louder than all the BS that floats around

Shadowfire

Wow! Friendly for sure... I feel the love with the snow flake and dog jizz all over..simple answer here is yes he should be ok if the 4dr pictured is what he will be using to tow. The passive to active aggressive comments aren’t really necessary... Let’s try the friendly part again maybe we will meet somewhere someday and you can explain why this worked you up?

notnalc68

Wow! Friendly for sure... I feel the love with the snow flake and dog jizz all over..simple answer here is yes he should be ok if the 4dr pictured is what he will be using to tow. The passive to active aggressive comments aren’t really necessary... Let’s try the friendly part again maybe we will meet somewhere someday and you can explain why this worked you up?

I certainly was not attempting to hurt your feelings. I simply removed an image with a watermark from a competing forum. I hope you can understand why I would do that. As I said, it’s out of respect for the forum owners.

If you are referring to the comment by WJCO, I’m sure he meant the same thing I did. He may have said it more, “colorfully.”

Again, the owners of this forum have put all these great videos, testing, and information here, through hard work. They don’t have corporate money backing them, but what you’ll get here is the best, real world tested information on the JL you can find.

tschultz1185

Wow children... I appreciate the info on tow cap. Thanks. Anyone who has actually pulled with a JL want to politely fill me in on any additional info. I need recommendations for trailer breaks, load leveling hitches and sway control. Or are these needed? Kinda just wanted to know what others have used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

notnalc68

Wow children... I appreciate the info on tow cap. Thanks. Anyone who has actually pulled with a JL want to politely fill me in on any additional info. I need recommendations for trailer breaks, load leveling hitches and sway control. Or are these needed? Kinda just wanted to know what others have used.

I towed a trailer a little heavier than the one in the OP, from Mississippi to California, and back. It was with a JKU, but I’d say I have a bit of experience.

IMG_0435.JPG

Use a load leveling hitch, and at least one sway control bar. I like the Tekonsha P3 brake controller. I use a Curt Manufacturing hitch.

https://www.etrailer.com/bc-2018_Jeep_JL+Wrangler+Unlimited.htm

IMG_2595.JPG

Last edited:

tschultz1185

I towed a trailer a little heavier than the one in the OP, from Mississippi to California, and back. It was with a JKU, but I’d say I have a bit of experience.

View attachment 5234

Use a load leveling hitch, and at least one sway control bar. I like the Tekonsha P3 brake controller. I use a Curt Manufacturing hitch.

https://www.etrailer.com/bc-2018_Jeep_JL+Wrangler+Unlimited.htm

View attachment 5233

Awesome thank you!

JTCO

Meme King

Not sure who you're replying to, but I'm far from 'worked up. ' And for the record, the 'snowflake' comment I made wasn't directed toward you nor anyone in this thread. I was merely saying that the members here strive to bring forth accurate information even if offends the easily offended. There is so much feel good information on the internet that has no truth in it because everyone's on egg shells to keep people happy. You likely won't find that here.

notnalc68