Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JL JOURNAL : DIY Homemade Hardtop Hoist on a BUDGET

Caught the Bug
    I just did the same basic thing on the cheap. Some J-hooks and ratchet straps. It's light enough I'm going to use lighter duty strips next time. Yes, the J-hooks are crooked... but I screwed them in crooked cause I was in a hurry and not paying much attention

2019-04-05 18.34.29.jpg

IMG_6323.jpg

I have a cart that I been putting my hardtop on. Wanted to give this a try since I always scratch the hardtop or the Jeep to take it off and lay it on the cart. This is way better. Thanks Eddy!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Alex4LO View Post
    I have a cart that I been putting my hardtop on. Wanted to give this a try since I always scratch the hardtop or the Jeep to take it off and lay it on the cart. This is way better. Thanks Eddy!
    Awesome, so glad that we could be of help to you

Thanks for the idea Eddie... I did almost the same thing but used a set of topsy brackets

top.jpg

top 2.jpg

top 3.jpg

top 4.jpg

Awesome! I've been looking at those and wondered if it would make something like this easier. Thanks for posting up

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome! I've been looking at those and wondered if it would make something like this easier. Thanks for posting up
    After seeing them the brackets are pretty simple, I'm sure anyone with some basic tool skills and sheet metal could make their own. They do make hooking straps to the top easy.

Hoisting the top all the way up to the ceiling (13 feet) was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be, mainly from having to re position the ladder ten times as I worked my way up.

I'm tempted to spend a little time and money to mount a boat trailer winch with some pulleys or something on the ceiling to be able to crank it all the way up a little easier

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234