2018 JL Wrangler Uncovered and Revealed

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While I am liking what I'm seeing, I must say that a lot of that is because it looks a lot like... well - a JK. Because of it, all these "leaked spy shots" are kind of becoming old news. If FCA isn't careful, I kinda feel like they're not gonna have much if any fanfare once they finally decide to unveil the JL.

hinrichs

Very cool to see these shots. I agree with Eddie on that it wont really have much hype after all since this really shows everything they have been trying to hide. I am curious about the new door handles, and hood latches. It sure does look good tho.

I seriously can't wait.... what do you guys think the odds are of being able to option a Sport with a locking rear diff like you can with the 2018 JK?

Edit: not sport, but non Rubicon, like they are doing with the Willys and Freedom

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
While I am liking what I'm seeing, I must say that a lot of that is because it looks a lot like... well - a JK. Because of it, all these "leaked spy shots" are kind of becoming old news. If FCA isn't careful, I kinda feel like they're not gonna have much if any fanfare once they finally decide to unveil the JL.

I like what I see but it's far from being anything special. Most people wouldn't know the difference between this and a JK if they saw it driving down the road.

OJK12

I don't want to fully judge it yet until I see everything clearly but I'm not sure the changes to the JL are enough for every JK owner to want to trade up since they do look so much alike. Does anyone else think the fender lights look like they could also be daytime running lights

dj311

Not sure anyone mentioned this, but that looks like a Rubi due to rock rails and front and rear bumpers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I don't want to fully judge it yet until I see everything clearly but I'm not sure the changes to the JL are enough for every JK owner to want to trade up since they do look so much alike. Does anyone else think the fender lights look like they could also be daytime running lights

Most of the sales come from people like soccer moms who just want a new vehicle every couple years. I would imagine they will sell a lot more than people think!

phljeeper

I wonder if the license plate will be on the rear bumper in the production model. I think I prefer the old location to make the bumper cleaner and to avoid remounting it on aftermarket bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK4Life

I'm worried the interior is going to make it look like a Grand Cherokee... and then I will be turned off. Too fancy and no one will be willing to drop the top and get rained on.

I hesitantly like the looks, but if it's only the Rubicon that has this styling and what we have for Sport and Sahara is much plainer (no hood, boring bumpers, etc) then it won't be anywhere near as thrilling unless we go all out on the Rubi

Trainwreck618

I'm worried the interior is going to make it look like a Grand Cherokee... and then I will be turned off. Too fancy and no one will be willing to drop the top and get rained on.

I hesitantly like the looks, but if it's only the Rubicon that has this styling and what we have for Sport and Sahara is much plainer (no hood, boring bumpers, etc) then it won't be anywhere near as thrilling unless we go all out on the Rubi

You actually drop the top and purposely try an get rained on?

JK4Life

Not really... but I do sometimes head out for day trips without doors and soft top. Or been away from the jeep when a freak storm happens and the top is down.

Once I was on a boat at the other end of a lake with friends... storm clouds came in and it took an hour to get home on the boat in the rain. Drove home the next day with garbage bags on the seats of the TJ. Too many electronics and you get worried.

Picked up a hard top from a couple of great Jeepers 2 weeks ago. They had 2 JKs, and ran the entire summer with no doors, all they had was a rain cover. No carpets, bed lined the entire inside.

Lots are not afraid to get the inside wet while enjoying their Jeep.

I thought the same thing when I upgraded from my CJ7 to a JK. I would hope that they retain the same water resistance they have currently. I've been rained on to the point my cup holders overfilled with rain water, still never had issues. Here on island, if you have the top and doors off, you will get rained on lol.
As with each new generation of Wrangler, I'd sure hope this one will be a step up in every way. I guess we will have to wait and see. Getting closer!