Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooper STT vs Wrangler MTR Kevlar

Looking forward to putting some miles on my new Cooper STTs tomorrow.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the tires.

Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by YAHAHA View Post
    Looking forward to putting some miles on my new Cooper STTs tomorrow.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the tires.

You’ll definitely like them

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The tire noise at 40mph was more noticeable than stock BFG KO2s. But at 70mph, the wind noise is louder than the tire noise.

Heard a loud "pop" on the way into work this morning. Tire was flat within 1/4 mile. Good thing this happened right before I pulled into work! Had 11PSI when I parked it.

The tire is cut on one side of a tread block and on the other side of the tread block. The cut isn't one consistent cut through the block which seems very odd. Not sure what I ran over but we'll see when I get to discount tire tonight.

IMG_5840.jpgIMG_5839.jpg

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Heard a loud "pop" on the way into work this morning. Tire was flat within 1/4 mile. Good thing this happened right before I pulled into work! Had 11PSI when I parked it.

The tire is cut on one side of a tread block and on the other side of the tread block. The cut isn't one consistent cut through the block which seems very odd. Not sure what I ran over but we'll see when I get to discount tire tonight.

Hope it's repairable rather than having to get a new tire.

The cut is almost 2" long and it goes thru the steel belts. My guess is a new tire.

Because the belts were cut so badly, new tire on the way! Discount Tire to the rescue.

Cooper STT vs Wrangler MTR Kevlar

Drove 5 1/2 hours through a thick, heavy, wet, slippery snow storm tonight. Typically it only takes 1 1/2 hours but the weather tonight was special!

IMG_1134.jpg

The STTs were at 37 pounds and did pretty well. Most of the snow on the road was about 6" deep but there were sections where the strong cross-winds created drifts 12" deep.

As long as I drove appropriately, the tires tracked true. If I got on the accelerator a little too aggressively, they would break loose just like most tires. I've run Duratracs on my TJ & my F150. I would say the DTs corner and stop a little better than the STTs in the wet, slippery snow. The STTs are far superior in the mud though which is why I was looking for a more aggressive tire.

It is far easier to be more careful driving in the snow than to create traction in the mud!

Drove 5 1/2 hours through a thick, heavy, wet, slippery snow storm tonight. Typically it only takes 1 1/2 hours but the weather tonight was special!

IMG_1134.jpg

The STTs were at 37 pounds and did pretty well. Most of the snow on the road was about 6" deep but there were sections where the strong cross-winds created drifts 12" deep.

As long as I drove appropriately, the tires tracked true. If I got on the accelerator a little too aggressively, they would break loose just like most tires. I've run Duratracs on my TJ & my F150. I would say the DTs corner and stop a little better than the STTs in the wet, slippery snow. The STTs are far superior in the mud though which is why I was looking for a more aggressive tire.

It is far easier to be more careful driving in the snow than to create traction in the mud!

Totally agree with you on the Duratrac's performing a little better than the STT Pros but then, they're an all terrain tire and the later is a mud terrain tire. As I've said before, the STT Pros are the BEST performing mud terrain tire I've ever run in the snow and apparently, they did well for you as well.

Been Around the Block

IMG_1134.jpg

37 PSI seems a bit high for street driving. I run mine at around 30 PSI.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast