1 to 1.5 Inch Lift for JL Rubicon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think that was their concern. Said it may not be an issue but it’s an unknown.

At this point, I am strongly considering the dynatrac lift with 37s.

I currently have KO2s in 35s and will consider the 37 inch version. Also, considering the Ridge Grappler 37s. The BFGs are a little lighter (about 10 pounds) even though both are D rated.

Eddie, do you have any opinion on the BFG vs the Ridge Grappler?

Thanks!

First off, I think you'll be very happy with the Dynatrac lift. Second, I have no experience with Ridge Grapplers but Nitto makes great tires and I've heard nothing but good things about them. BFG's, I have always found to ride nicely and wear like iron and do fairly well off road. If they have a downside, it'd be in their sidewall strength. Also, compared to other AT's I've run in the past, they don't hook up nearly as well on the rocks. In other words, if you plan on playing hard on the rocks, you might want to consider a good MT. If most of your time is spent on road and or on easier trails, either tire should get the job done well.

texasbryan

First off, I think you'll be very happy with the Dynatrac lift. Second, I have no experience with Ridge Grapplers but Nitto makes great tires and I've heard nothing but good things about them. BFG's, I have always found to ride nicely and wear like iron and do fairly well off road. If they have a downside, it'd be in their sidewall strength. Also, compared to other AT's I've run in the past, they don't hook up nearly as well on the rocks. In other words, if you plan on playing hard on the rocks, you might want to consider a good MT. If most of your time is spent on road and or on easier trails, either tire should get the job done well.

That is great advice. I really appreciate your opinion. Now, I have to make decisions!