I decided to go with AEV - Borah Wheels

JL5009

So after looking at so many options, I decided to go with a set of AEV - Borah wheels. I have always liked the AEV wheels and never had the chance in getting a set for my previous Jeeps. This time round I decided on AEV for my JL.

I wanted to get Beadlock wheels and couldn't find what I was looking for. With the Borah wheels I get the option to convert my wheels to beadlock if I want and also have an option to have the ring protection only option.

Here is a quick pick of them which do them no justice and will post up some better pictures in day time after the JL is washed.

20180830_181442.jpeg20180830_181432.jpeg

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

MrGiant

the coolest looking wheels next to the rubicon standard wheels for me so far, really nice ones!

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
With the casting problems AEV has had with their wheels in the past I personally am staying clear of them. They do look pretty good tho and I’m glad your happy with them

JL5009

With the casting problems AEV has had with their wheels in the past I personally am staying clear of them. They do look pretty good tho and I’m glad your happy with them

I hear ya,

I have had issues with other wheel manufacturers back in day and they were taken back and replaced with no questions asked. So far I'm liking them as they are the closest to stock looking wheels which is what caught my eye.

If anything was to go wrong, then I'll make sure it's known so others are aware. I also seen some copy wheels floating in the market which is another pain, as I can't stand copies in any product.

So the only way to find out is put these new wheels to the test [emoji4]

I know they are not everyone's taste but that's why we have choices and having seen them on a Jeep helps others. As far a feedback goes, well I'll be sure to provide it as I use them since they come with a Lifetime structural warranty [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I hear ya,

I have had issues with other wheel manufacturers back in day and they were taken back and replaced with no questions asked. So far I'm liking them as they are the closest to stock looking wheels which is what caught my eye.

If anything was to go wrong, then I'll make sure it's known so others are aware. I also seen some copy wheels floating in the market which is another pain, as I can't stand copies in any product.

So the only way to find out is put these new wheels to the test [emoji4]

I know they are not everyone's taste but that's why we have choices and having seen them on a Jeep helps others. As far a feedback goes, well I'll be sure to provide it as I use them since they come with a Lifetime structural warranty [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Exactly. To each there own for what everyone likes. That’s what’s great about all the different stuff on the market

JL5009

Just got the protection rings for the wheels and this is what they look like installed.

Now if you wanted to paint them you could, I was thinking of maybe down the line paint them in red.

20181010_141842.jpeg20181010_141527.jpeg

JL5009

there looking good, I like them better with the ring
Thanks,

They have changed the overall look and the options to customise is wide open.

They took about 1hr 30 min to install with a manual wrench. [emoji23] so if you have a power tool handy they can be installed in 20 min.

JL5009

Now here is an idea of them painted red done on my phone, so it's not the perfect look but gives you an idea.

Maybe plastidip? So I can always go back to the original colour. Screenshot_20181010-144637_Gallery.jpeg