I decided to go with AEV - Borah Wheels

jlrubicon19

So after looking at so many options, I decided to go with a set of AEV - Borah wheels. I have always liked the AEV wheels and never had the chance in getting a set for my previous Jeeps. This time round I decided on AEV for my JL.

I wanted to get Beadlock wheels and couldn't find what I was looking for. With the Borah wheels I get the option to convert my wheels to beadlock if I want and also have an option to have the ring protection only option.

Here is a quick pick of them which do them no justice and will post up some better pictures in day time after the JL is washed.

View attachment 4944View attachment 4945

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

Nice wheels! What is the offset and backspacing for these wheels?

JL5009

Nice wheels! What is the offset and backspacing for these wheels?

When I purchased them I saved the specs from AEV and below is the details:

Offset: +4mm

Approximate Backspacing: 4.9"

Weight Rating: 2,400lbs

frenchjk

Are those the JL specific AEV or the JK model? That Rubi needs a lift(!) and by the looks of it it is an EMEA model with the std fenders....what engine are you running in Dubai?

JL5009

Are those the JL specific AEV or the JK model? That Rubi needs a lift(!) and by the looks of it it is an EMEA model with the std fenders....what engine are you running in Dubai?
When I picked them up they were indeed JK specific.

You are correct on the fenders, however I had them changed to the Rubi highline fenders now.

As for the lift I am still confused what to go for, and so far I keep coming back to EVO for the JL.

Engines we have here are the 3.6 and we haven't received the 2.0 here yet.
20181202_152700.jpeg

JL5009

JL5009 - were you ever able to get your halos activated?
I traced the reason why they dont activate. The main harness is missing 1 wire.

I just need a part number off any US Rubicon so I can order the harnes instead trying to rewire it in. But cant seem to get a part number.

Here is my harness:

Screenshot_20180827-190605_Gallery.jpeg

JL5009

I traced the reason why they dont activate. The main harness is missing 1 wire.

I just need a part number off any US Rubicon so I can order the harnes instead trying to rewire it in. But cant seem to get a part number.

Here is my harness:

View attachment 10503

I found someone who imported a US Sahara edition and managed to get a picture sent to me.

So I know the wire missing as you can see from the attached it's the brown wire.Screenshot_20190414-055508_WhatsApp.jpeg

JL5009

Well quick update on the JL

I picked a new set wheels as a ran into a figment issue with the new Teraflex Aplpha HD Tire Mount Kit. So I moved the AEV wheels onto the JKU and picked up a new set of Fuel Red Anadoized wheels. 20190417_003044.jpeg20190417_031734.jpeg20190417_003321.jpeg

JL5009

JL5009 - were you ever able to get your halos activated?
Well, after trying endlessly to get hold of the actual harness to have the factory Halos activated which is (Impossible) as its constantly on backorder.*

Here is what I will be doing, I have a feeling this will end up being better then the original halos deactivated.

I just placed an order on the JEEP JL ORACLE LED HEADLIGHT SURFACE MOUNT HALO KIT and will tap them into the side DLRs.*

So once they arrive I'll have them installed and upload the before and after pics.

So hopefully they will arrive next week and I'll install them on my JL and share the feedback.

You guys are lucky having a simple option available [emoji4]