After market rear bumpers

Rubiconchris

I'm shopping for a rear bumper for my 2 door JL Punk'n Rubi. One hit to the rear corner of the stock plastic bumper killed it and busted a couple fender flare clips on the driver side rear. Been researching and would appreciate some opinions which aftermarket bumpers you guys like. I like the dessert design rear bumper but a grand seems a little steep. Any info or pics are appreciated. IMAG3764.jpeg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, it's a bit early in the life of the JL to have a big selection of aftermarket products. I personally would recommend an LoD but what kind of budget are you hoping to work with?

BillArnett

When installing an aftermarket rear bumper, do we loose the parking sensors on the bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The LoD rear bumper has holes for the parking sensors and an optional kit which allows you to install the ones from the old bumper. (If you don't buy the kit you can just plug the holes. But then the computer will be upset that the sensors are missing.) You use the old sensors and wiring harness.

13_gecko_rubi

The LoD rear bumper has holes for the parking sensors and an optional kit which allows you to install the ones from the old bumper. (If you don't buy the kit you can just plug the holes. But then the computer will be upset that the sensors are missing.) You use the old sensors and wiring harness.
Or get a Tazer and shut them off

Sent via....

mer43

The DV8 attaches only with 4 bolts, and allows the bumper to rotate upwards, and inward crushing the tub, in the case of a huge hit. Avoid any bumpers that don't attach in a way that prevents rotation of the assembly.

DV8 driver damage.jpgdv8 passenger damage.jpg

mer43

Oh no, why is it so hard to build a bumper that saves the body....

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The sensors are the wrong width too. My wild guess is they attempted to recycle a JK bumper by rewelding the mounts, but didn't weld any support across the bottom. The side profile doesn't match either. I'll take it by the local shop that sold it, and see what they would like to do about it. If nothing I'll chop/weld/fix it for my needs.

mc