Lod Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier installed

mer43

Thank you Bill Arnett for your write up. The included and online instructions are atrocious. Just starting now.

Attachments

• 200pixal avatar.jpg
    200pixal avatar.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
If you have any install questions or problems, please give us a ring at 765-385-0631 and we will do our best to help you! :)

Jesse_01

If you have any install questions or problems, please give us a ring at 765-385-0631 and we will do our best to help you! :)

I just finished installing the front signature & rear destroyer. I thought the instructions weren't that bad on the rear, it went together fairly easy.

Grade 8 bolts & torque specs would of been nice.

mer43

Can't figure out the trailer chain bracket. It can only go one place, but to bolt it in place through that beam would pull and bend the bumper back to the beam. There is a gap between the bumper and that particular beam.

mer43

Hi Mark! If you have suggestions for the instructions, we are more than happy to review them :) We don't have very many people who say they're awful, but we're always down to improve them! :D

They are by far the worst piles of fire starter I've ever seen. I'm doing better guessing at this than reading your instructions.

mer43

and clean your holes out on your rear sensor mounts and use hex bolts and NOT button head allens. That was a curious waste of an hour removing that bolt. Why didn't I chase each and every hole... Why! I know better than to trust the aftermarket. Why.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
They are by far the worst piles of fire starter I've ever seen. I'm doing better guessing at this than reading your instructions.

and clean your holes out on your rear sensor mounts and use hex bolts and NOT button head allens. That was a curious waste of an hour removing that bolt. Why didn't I chase each and every hole... Why! I know better than to trust the aftermarket. Why.

You’re a douche. Design you own god damn bumper if it’s so shitty.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King

Whatever, kid.

IMG_20181109_193220_943.jpg

JP223/3USA

Lod Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier installed

You must be a 5 yr old. You’re still learning to read and that’s why the instructions are above your comprehension. I bet you can’t figure out why the square block won’t fit in a circle hole.

Last edited:

Rampart22

By far my favorite bumper/tire carrier combo for the JL. I only have two gripes: low hanging trailer plug location that can hopefully be turned 90 degrees backwards and tucked up out of the way with little work, and the license plate not being located on the swingarm or somewhere else further away from the edge of the corner. Thanks for showing some more angles of the setup in your pictures, it looks great on your Jeep!

I agree on the trailer plug. I’ve destroyed that stupid plug on my LJ several times. Wish it was either tucked up on intergraded somehow into the body of the bumper itself.

WiscoHR

I agree on the trailer plug. I’ve destroyed that stupid plug on my LJ several times. Wish it was either tucked up on intergraded somehow into the body of the bumper itself.

Or just remove the trailer plug all together. That’s what I did. Never going to tow anything so I don’t need it. You can unplug the wiring right behind the rear passenger wheel.

BillArnett

Yeah. But it’s pretty robust. It would take a pretty good hit to deform it enough to malfunction. My plan is to remove it if ever takes a hit big enough to deform it at all. But I doubt that will ever happen.

BillArnett

... the license plate holder is pretty robust; I don't think it will be as much of a problem as the stock one was on the JK. It's all metal and angled on the front side so it will take a pretty big hit to cause any real damage. I do expect it to get scratched up from encounters with brush, though. And I don't care :)...

Well maybe not. Somewhere in Death Valley last weekend I scraped thru some brush hard enough to bend the thing so much that it interfered with opening the tailgate. I was able to hammer it back into shape but I'm not liking that it failed so easily.

If you have the tire carrier it seems to me that it would be better to mount the license plate on the swing arm near the bearing on the right hand side. I may give that a try.