Remember your first jeep?

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
old jk.jpg
This was my first jeep I bought it in 2012 it was an 2007 JKUX .
Wish I could say my first was a nice CJ but that didn't happen. lol

I remember mine as the cause of this obsession! It was a blue 93 YJ, 4 cylinder 5 speed. I bought it new for $11,700, and I LOVED that thing! I had it for 10 years and about 130k miles and never had any real issues with it. It was amazing off road. I added 30" BFG Mud Terrain tires on it, steel wheels, and a winch. I could do things with that little Jeep that left the big heavily modified 4x4's in shock. The dumbest thing I ever did was to get rid of it.

I wish I had some pictures of it. I'll have to dig around one of these days and see if I can find some.

YAHAHA

Every since I was old enough to drive, I wanted a Wrangler. Fast forward 25 years and I finally got a TJ. I loved that Jeep so much. It started very tame but we made some small changes.

Another 8 years later and I now have that TJ & JLUR. So glad to still have the first Jeep still.IMG_20180829_220438.jpegIMG_20180829_220456.jpegIMG_20180829_220513.jpeg

Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

phljeeper

Like it was yesterday, 1989 Red YJ and I thought it was a monster on its 2” lift and 31” tires. Many more Wranglers since:

97 TJ
72 CJ-5
Another 97 TJ
08 JKU
12 JKUR
04 TJR
15 JK
17 JKUR
02 TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLDan

Think about the old Jeep’s often. Had a 97 TJ that I sold to purchase my 01 TJ. Loved them both and wish I could have held on to them.

Sold the 01 a few years ago when my daughter was born. Thankful for the extra room of the JLUR [emoji12]

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Onlyone

Wish I had another picture. But here’s my first CJ5 behind my 66 7litre galaxie. It had a 360 and 3 speed with 33-12.50-15 Yokohama Mud diggers. It was pretty till it started popping rust behind all the bondo. Lol that was 1988. Hell you can see my brothers “new” 1987 Iroc Z and my other brothers 68 SS 396 Chevelle. Damn. That feels like yesterday. I was installing a 650 Holley double pumper on that 360. It was a running beast back then. Lol

Attachments

• A2C822D5-F6AD-4A33-8EC4-A1161F24FE21.jpeg
    A2C822D5-F6AD-4A33-8EC4-A1161F24FE21.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 90

Onlyone

Those two window peekaboo doors are awesome.

Haha. That was a brand new white bestop. You have no idea how long it took to buy that. And those snaps........don’t get me started. And the TJ boys thought zippers were bad! That top came out of a JC Whitney catalog. Haha. No internet back then.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Haha. That was a brand new white bestop. You have no idea how long it took to buy that. And those snaps........don’t get me started. And the TJ boys thought zippers were bad! That top came out of a JC Whitney catalog. Haha. No internet back then.

JC Whitney catalogs where my dream books as a kid. From the musical air horns to the Flying lady hood ornaments. I freaking loved it all. Of course I would look at the Sears toy catalog, but for me at the age of 7 it was JC Whitney all day.

By the way, I just made up the term peekaboo doors. :cheesy:

Mgossett1489

JC Whitney catalogs where my dream books as a kid. From the musical air horns to the Flying lady hood ornaments. I freaking loved it all. Of course I would look at the Sears toy catalog, but for me at the age of 7 it was JC Whitney all day.

By the way, I just made up the term peekaboo doors. :cheesy:
Reminiscing is healthy. Very similar when I was a child. When my ma asked me when I was 5 if I wanted a baby brother...i responded 'NO, I want a 4x4 stomper'(whatever that was) but I gotta imagine it had to do with our neighbors jacked up, jet black CJ7. I've got 2 sons who only wanna take dad's jeep wherever we go. Passing on the passion to the next generation.

Sent from my SM-N920V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Poordad

My first Jeep was a 79 CJ-5 with a 304 and T150 tranny. I taught myself how to drive stick on that Jeep in about 15 minutes. It was a basic enough Jeep that I did not feel intimidated trying engine and suspension work on it myself. Wish I still had it.

Rgk401

My first jeep was a 2011 jeep Jk sport. One day i was sitting down at work playing around on YouTube and came across a video off some built up jeep jks doing rock crawling and i was interested, so i kelp watching and the more i watched the more i wanted a jeep. So after about a week of watching YouTube i went out and bought my first jeep. Sadly i didn't keep it long enough to enjoy it. Low and behold I'm now on my 4th jeep. Thank you wayalife for making outstanding videos and thank you to everyone on this forum that helps out. [emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

tobyw

Still have my first Jeep, which I acquired back in 1994. Been through a few build evolutions, but it's always been my go-to wheeler:

Axle_Alley_3.jpg

EARLSLVR.jpg

Jeep_Trip122999_5.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

Piginajeep

I remember my first, 98 TJ. But I’m close to 20 now and I’ve lost track. I’m missing one or two. I need to think about it. [emoji23]

3- TJ’s
1-YJ
1-CJ3B
1-CJ2A
2-MJ’s
1-ZJ
1-XJ
2-JK’s
1-JKU
1-JK8
2-M38A1
1-FC170