Freaks and Geeks

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Remember this little guy?

20190120_012856-1280x960.jpg

Got him painted last night...

20190208_223826-1280x960.jpg

20190208_223946-1280x960.jpg

Definitely not the most exciting character, but I thought a before and after might be neat.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Found another new Nerd Project tonight. Renovating a 30 y/o doll house. At one time it had functional electric lights, as well as a pond in the front.

20190212_061013-768x1024.jpg

20190211_213318-768x1024.jpg

We may turn it into a spooky haunted house.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
No wonder your jeep is not getting done!:idontknow:

Truth. Lol.

Nicely done! Are you just using acrylics?

Yep, hobby acrylics.

20190213_205312-1280x960.jpg

Don’t take this the wrong way... but this thread made me think of this... lol.

View attachment 8902

Damn, I've got to start closing my shades at night. Lol. No magnifying glass though. If you need a magnifying glass to paint it, then you need a magnifying glass to see it. We just pretty much paint for tabletop presentation. Makes it a little more fun than having all the characters the same color. We've been trying to catch up... the game for which we've been painting the figures has 249 of them. Honestly, it's really good family time. Friday nights are usually reserved for pizza and painting. Saturday night is family game night.

20190213_205556-1280x960.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
What kind of geek would I be if I didn't talk about our gaming table? We like to do a lot of gaming. We found ourselves playing extensively and not wanting to break down the games... but still wanting to eat dinner. LOL.

After doing lots of research on gaming tables, we finally settled on a custom-built table and cabinet from Uniquely-Geek. As they do not do chairs, I had the chairs built by an Amish community on the east coast and then shipped to Uniquely-Geek in AZ to match the finish. QSWO finished with Danish oil and lacquer. The slats lift off (the 2nd picture shows the storage solution for the slats) to expose the Game Vault in which game pieces and figures can be stored in place until the next game session. You may notice a groove along all four sides of the table. It is a rail system, allowing for various attachments such as cup holders, table extensions, tablet holders Etc. Put the slats back in and voilà, time for dinner.

20180817_124846-1280x960.jpg

20180803_210100-768x1024.jpg

20180831_220621-1280x960.jpg

Last edited:

HiCenterd

What kind of geek would I be if I didn't talk about our gaming table? We like to do a lot of gaming. We found ourselves playing extensively and not wanting to break down the games... but still wanting to eat dinner. LOL.

After doing lots of research on gaming tables, we finally settled on a custom-built table and cabinet from Uniquely-Geek. As they do not do chairs, I had the chairs built by an Amish community on the east coast and then shipped to Uniquely-Geek in AZ to match the finish. QSWO finished with Danish oil and lacquer. The slats lift off (the 2nd picture shows the storage solution for the slats) to expose the Game Vault in which game pieces and figures can be stored in place until the next game session. You may notice a groove along all four sides of the table. It is a rail system, allowing for various attachments such as cup holders, table extensions, tablet holders Etc. Put the slats back in and voilà, time for dinner.

View attachment 9226

View attachment 9227

View attachment 9228
Not a gamer but I can really appreciate that level of craftsmanship. Beautiful table!

Sent from my moto x4 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So my wife and daughter recently attended a local GameCon for some sweet D&D action. There was an artist doing some free hand pencil and ink pictures. All you needed to do was provide a description of what you might like.

My daughter requested a portrait of her D&D Female Wood-Elf Ranger that is equipped with short swords, a bow and leather armor. This is what he banged out in a matter of minutes.

20190424_174709-768x1024.jpg

My wife, who is a dental hygienist, requested a career-related fantasy picture that she can hang on her operatory wall.

20190424_174537-768x1024.jpg

Honestly, my phone pics don't do them justice. The pictures are on 10 x 8 heavyweight paper, and are pretty damn cool. All for 15 bucks!

Jdofmemi

So my wife and daughter recently attended a local GameCon for some sweet D&D action. There was an artist doing some free hand pencil and ink pictures. All you needed to do was provide a description of what you might like.

My daughter requested a portrait of her D&D Female Wood-Elf Ranger that is equipped with short swords, a bow and leather armor. This is what he banged out in a matter of minutes.

View attachment 10736

My wife, who is a dental hygienist, requested a career-related fantasy picture that she can hang on her operatory wall.

View attachment 10737

Honestly, my phone pics don't do them justice. The pictures are on 10 x 8 heavyweight paper, and are pretty damn cool. All for 15 bucks!

That is some kind of talent!

Looking worthy of a place on the wall for sure.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
ZomboMeme 01072019220934.jpg

Figured with current events, it might be a good time to revive this thread. With both my wife and I out of work, and our daughter participating in online school four days a week, we've got lots of extra time on our hands. We've got more than a few games at home, and decided to break out a couple of classics recently

20200418_102653_copy_1280x960.jpg

20200418_101353_copy_1280x960.jpg

These are styled after the comic series rather than the television series, and provided a satisfying twist on familiar gameplay.

20200418_103332_copy_1280x960.jpg

These are some cool looking board games. Before this shutdown happened I bought Arkham Horror, I played Eldritch Horror with a friend from work and really liked it but couldn’t find it so I bought this one instead, happy I did as its such a cool game. You can play 1-6 players co op so it’s you and your friends vs the board game. Gameplay says 2-3hrs but the wife and I spent 5hrs with just the two of us, and had it go 4hrs with six of us.

IMG_1301.jpg

So many little pieces and even comes with a rule book since there is so many situations and rules to play by. Overall a cool game to learn and spend a afternoon or morning since I ain’t working lol

IMG_1302.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I've heard Arkham Horror is a great game, but I've never had the chance to play it. As fate would have it I've got Eldritch Horror. LOL.