Dash Cam Mounting

Matt-117

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for mounting a dash cam by the rear view mirror. I bought an AUKEY dash cam and the adhesive tape doesn’t hold the camera on the plastic. I’m trying not to stick the camera to my windshield. My last resort will be to drill 2 holes in the plastic and screw/bolt the baseplate to it. I have the basic rear view mirror. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Hey, thanks for the suggestion! However, that sits too low, the hood would take up 50% of the picture. Up by the rear view mirror is the best angle.

Yeah, I can definitely see that. What if it were mounted high and to the side? Carolina Metal Mashers makes a ball mount system that attaches to the top and/or bottom of the factory grab handles. The price is outrageous though.

33_grande.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for mounting a dash cam by the rear view mirror. I bought an AUKEY dash cam and the adhesive tape doesn’t hold the camera on the plastic. I’m trying not to stick the camera to my windshield. My last resort will be to drill 2 holes in the plastic and screw/bolt the baseplate to it. I have the basic rear view mirror. Thanks in advance!

On my JK, I used a pea sized amount of silicone to secure the mount to the plastic trim (the trim the sticky tape doesn't hold on to.) It's on very securely, but CAN be removed cleanly if necessary. Has held on for 4+ years with no issues. I removed it from my 2012 JKU with no issues and no damage.