Tap into Fuse box

ckor

Hi, I am looking to hard wire my ARB fridge and am wondering if there is a way to use one of the spares in the fuse box instead of adding an inline fuse. I don't want to buy the ARB kit as I already have all the wiring (minus the inline fuse).

JTCO

Meme King
If there even is one, you'll have to make sure the vehicle's circuit as well as your own is using 8 gauge wire or larger.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I have the ARB wiring kit and was very satisfied with it in my JKUR. I have yet to move it over to my JL only because I have not yet appropriated the time to do so. Honestly, I had all of the correct wiring sans fuses in my garage and hesitated on buying the kit. However, the ARB kit really is top-notch, with quality components. I especially appreciated the plug design. And the 40 bucks it cost me... just a drop in the bucket considering the cost of a new Jeep.

ckor

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. Looks like I’ll be ordering the arb kit to avoid any issues.

13_gecko_rubi

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. Looks like I’ll be ordering the arb kit to avoid any issues.
Make sure you run the negative on outside of the current sensors on negative terminal. The Jeep monitors current draw and determines how much to turn on alt to keep it charged.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
Make sure you run the negative on outside of the current sensors on negative terminal. The Jeep monitors current draw and determines how much to turn on alt to keep it charged.

Sent via....

There's a current sensor on the negative terminal? Why am I not surprised anymore?

13_gecko_rubi

Please elaborate...
Take your Jeep for a drive and put the gauges on battery voltage. You will see it doesn't just run constant 13.8-14+ like older vehicles. The JL knows th battery state of charge and supplies enough power from alt to keep it at certain charge point. The benefits are longer battery life and increases fuel economy (we are talking in the tenths at best).

Sent via....

RMC2

I still haven’t ran my arb fridge wires or put the winch on. I am glad I saw this info first, as I would have tried to run both directly to the battery posts for + and -

Thanks Scott

tjeeper

I used my ARB for a week using the stock plug in the back. No issues, never turned off. Has anyone had any problems using it? Or is the OP looking to put a new plug in a different location?

ckor

I moved my plug to the front side of the seatbelt/roll bar area. Works good there but also just installed the ARB dual compressor in that area with the MORE mount. I don’t want to worry about knocking the plug loose as it is very close to the compressor.