Halo Light Activation?

JL5009

Select lighting...

View attachment 4783

And then you can cycle through different options...

View attachment 4784

View attachment 4785

View attachment 4786

While we are on the subject, when choosing location of DRL, what is "SRT"...

View attachment 4787
Ok I can confirm that my headlight has the halo ring attached picture.

But I have also popped the hood to see if its wired up, and guessing from the picture attached I think it's not wired up from the factory as I have 3 plastic stick sticking out which I am assuming is the wiring locations for the halo. If this is correct, then I'm wondering if the wires are wrapped in the heat shrink? Or I may need to purchase a new wiring harness?20180827_185120.jpeg20180827_185124.jpegScreenshot_20180827-190605_Gallery.jpeg

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

Last edited:

JL5009

Thats what I thought you'd find. The wires won't be taped back, they aren't there at all

Sent via....
So does that mean I can order a complete new wiring harness? If not, then i guess another option would maybe hot wire then in with the side daylight running lamps.

13_gecko_rubi

So does that mean I can order a complete new wiring harness? If not, then i guess another option would maybe hot wire then in with the side daylight running lamps.

Well the challenge is you first need to identify which one you need. There are many things in that harness. And you need to figure out if what you need even exists. It may not as the market you are in May have other unique things. It's likely easier to run your own wires and just get the pins for the connector.

Sent via....

JL5009

WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

Well the challenge is you first need to identify which one you need. There are many things in that harness. And you need to figure out if what you need even exists. It may not as the market you are in May have other unique things. It's likely easier to run your own wires and just get the pins for the connector.

Sent via....
Hmmm,

Well in that case I'll have to find out where I can get me a copy of the JL wiring diagram for the headlight and that will then show me what is missing..

I can confirm however that the JL Tazer allows you to activate the Halo option and disable it providing your JL is wired up unlike mine.

What would be interesting to know if Zautomotive can maybe see if there is an option to modify the region? As mine shows N/A.

Thanks for the replies really appreciate all the support from all. [emoji4] [emoji106]

Last edited:

JL5009

Ok, my next plan is to remove the grill and headlights to see how I can get the halos running. But still searching online to see what wire is not connected to make my job easier.

Unless someone has a picture of the harness with the wires?

As the only information I can find is what is stated in the upgrade mopar headlight kit for those wanting the same lights.

Description details from most sites selling the light kit which still shows out of stock with no pdf or installation documents.

This upgrade kit from Mopar comes with both the left and right headlights fitted with LEDs and the necessary connectors and wiring harness for a hassle-free installation. Because these head lights are designed for your 2018 Wrangler JL, no modifications is required. They will fit perfectly in your stock headlight socket for a seamless style. When you replace your factory halogen lights with Mopar's LEDs headlights, you'll get significantly more light output while using less power.

Headlight Kit Includes:

- Driver Side LED Headlight
- Passenger Side LED Headlight
- Connectors
- Wiring Harness

In the meantime, I'll try to see if I can find anything.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Ok, my next plan is to remove the grill and headlights to see how I can get the halos running. But still searching online to see what wire is not connected to make my job easier.

Unless someone has a picture of the harness with the wires?

As the only information I can find is what is stated in the upgrade mopar headlight kit for those wanting the same lights.

Description details from most sites selling the light kit which still shows out of stock with no pdf or installation documents.

This upgrade kit from Mopar comes with both the left and right headlights fitted with LEDs and the necessary connectors and wiring harness for a hassle-free installation. Because these head lights are designed for your 2018 Wrangler JL, no modifications is required. They will fit perfectly in your stock headlight socket for a seamless style. When you replace your factory halogen lights with Mopar's LEDs headlights, you'll get significantly more light output while using less power.

Headlight Kit Includes:

- Driver Side LED Headlight
- Passenger Side LED Headlight
- Connectors
- Wiring Harness

In the meantime, I'll try to see if I can find anything.

Go here:

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

You can look up th connectors with pinouts on what is what. Will also list the part number for the pins you need to add. It is a public site.

Sent via....