Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Halo Light Activation?

  1. #1
    Caught the Bug JL5009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    70

    Halo Light Activation?

    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Select lighting...

    Attachment 4783

    And then you can cycle through different options...

    Attachment 4784

    Attachment 4785

    Attachment 4786

    While we are on the subject, when choosing location of DRL, what is "SRT"...

    Attachment 4787
    Ok I can confirm that my headlight has the halo ring attached picture.


    But I have also popped the hood to see if its wired up, and guessing from the picture attached I think it's not wired up from the factory as I have 3 plastic stick sticking out which I am assuming is the wiring locations for the halo. If this is correct, then I'm wondering if the wires are wrapped in the heat shrink? Or I may need to purchase a new wiring harness?20180827_185120.jpeg20180827_185124.jpegScreenshot_20180827-190605_Gallery.jpeg

    Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..
    Last edited by JL5009; 08-27-2018 at 07:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,302
    Thats what I thought you'd find. The wires won't be taped back, they aren't there at all

    Sent via....

  3. #3
    Caught the Bug JL5009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    Thats what I thought you'd find. The wires won't be taped back, they aren't there at all

    Sent via....
    So does that mean I can order a complete new wiring harness? If not, then i guess another option would maybe hot wire then in with the side daylight running lamps.

    Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

  4. #4
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by JL5009 View Post
    So does that mean I can order a complete new wiring harness? If not, then i guess another option would maybe hot wire then in with the side daylight running lamps.

    Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..
    Well the challenge is you first need to identify which one you need. There are many things in that harness. And you need to figure out if what you need even exists. It may not as the market you are in May have other unique things. It's likely easier to run your own wires and just get the pins for the connector.

    Sent via....

  5. #5
    Caught the Bug JL5009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    70

    WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    Well the challenge is you first need to identify which one you need. There are many things in that harness. And you need to figure out if what you need even exists. It may not as the market you are in May have other unique things. It's likely easier to run your own wires and just get the pins for the connector.

    Sent via....
    Hmmm,

    Well in that case I'll have to find out where I can get me a copy of the JL wiring diagram for the headlight and that will then show me what is missing..

    I can confirm however that the JL Tazer allows you to activate the Halo option and disable it providing your JL is wired up unlike mine.

    What would be interesting to know if Zautomotive can maybe see if there is an option to modify the region? As mine shows N/A.

    Thanks for the replies really appreciate all the support from all.

    Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..
    Last edited by JL5009; 08-27-2018 at 09:34 AM.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Caught the Bug JL5009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    70
    Ok, my next plan is to remove the grill and headlights to see how I can get the halos running. But still searching online to see what wire is not connected to make my job easier.

    Unless someone has a picture of the harness with the wires?

    As the only information I can find is what is stated in the upgrade mopar headlight kit for those wanting the same lights.

    Description details from most sites selling the light kit which still shows out of stock with no pdf or installation documents.

    This upgrade kit from Mopar comes with both the left and right headlights fitted with LEDs and the necessary connectors and wiring harness for a hassle-free installation. Because these head lights are designed for your 2018 Wrangler JL, no modifications is required. They will fit perfectly in your stock headlight socket for a seamless style. When you replace your factory halogen lights with Mopar's LEDs headlights, you'll get significantly more light output while using less power.

    Headlight Kit Includes:

    - Driver Side LED Headlight
    - Passenger Side LED Headlight
    - Connectors
    - Wiring Harness


    In the meantime, I'll try to see if I can find anything.

    Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..
    Last edited by JL5009; 08-30-2018 at 02:29 PM.

  8. #8
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by JL5009 View Post
    Ok, my next plan is to remove the grill and headlights to see how I can get the halos running. But still searching online to see what wire is not connected to make my job easier.

    Unless someone has a picture of the harness with the wires?

    As the only information I can find is what is stated in the upgrade mopar headlight kit for those wanting the same lights.

    Description details from most sites selling the light kit which still shows out of stock with no pdf or installation documents.

    This upgrade kit from Mopar comes with both the left and right headlights fitted with LEDs and the necessary connectors and wiring harness for a hassle-free installation. Because these head lights are designed for your 2018 Wrangler JL, no modifications is required. They will fit perfectly in your stock headlight socket for a seamless style. When you replace your factory halogen lights with Mopar's LEDs headlights, you'll get significantly more light output while using less power.

    Headlight Kit Includes:

    - Driver Side LED Headlight
    - Passenger Side LED Headlight
    - Connectors
    - Wiring Harness


    In the meantime, I'll try to see if I can find anything.

    Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..
    Go here:

    http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

    You can look up th connectors with pinouts on what is what. Will also list the part number for the pins you need to add. It is a public site.

    Sent via....

  9. #9
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,302
    From that site20180830_203701.jpeg

    Sent via....

  10. #10
    Caught the Bug JL5009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    70
    Excellent, thanks for the information


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •