New Jeep owners: driven with your doors off yet?

I know the JL will bring a lot of new folks here. If this is your first wrangler have you driven with the doors off yet? What did you think? If not, what’s holding you back?

Deezus

I know the JL will bring a lot of new folks here. If this is your first wrangler have you driven with the doors off yet? What did you think? If not, what’s holding you back?
Currently. Only downside is I don't want to put them back on.20180817_201905~3.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

BillArnett

I like the idea of being more open but I can’t stand all the dust. (Cameras and dust are a really bad mix.) My doors have never been off.

Buggaboo

Enjoy the doors off while you can.... winter is coming;)

On a side note, has anyone tried hinge pin guides on the JL doors yet? I take these things off almost weekly it seems, and those guides look like they might make the process a bit quicker/easier.

IMG_0968.jpg

Cheers,
Buggaboo

Last edited:

Bodhiavo

I am constantly looking for an excuse to take the doors off. I didn’t think I would when I first got the JL, but I did it once during a 10-day hot n dry spell in July, and have been saddened every time I have to put the doors back on.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

Not yet. Ordered a new sunshade for my JL and plan to do this very soon. The JLUR looks so awesome naked.

Mine are off on my JL much of the summer and on my JK all summer, from late April to early October. I've got Bestop soft doors on the JK. As soon as those are available for the JL, it will have the same calendar. I can't get enough of doors-off driving.

I keep the back doors on for my son who’s 3, but I’ve been rolling all weekend like this & love it. If you’re new to jeeps do it. It’s the best feeling in the world.

Attachments

• F91B94A2-243B-485E-B2BF-E4947B7A12BC.jpg
    F91B94A2-243B-485E-B2BF-E4947B7A12BC.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 118
Took the doors off for the first time. I'm, personally, not a big fan of the door hold-open. Overall, the process is just slightly more complicated than it was on my JK, but I can happily say the doors are WAY lighter.View attachment 4836

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I just found my best friend for doing the doors and top. My cordless impact is too big to get into the corners. But then I remembered I had a Kobalt double-drive ratcheting driver. It makes removing and reinstalling those bolts fast and easy.

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app