Re-gearing - Swap out Diff Covers?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s not bad at all. About what I averagewith 37s and 5.38s. I’ve thought about putting the 37s on jl and 40s on jk. Found some coopers in Reno

On a JK, correct? I can guarantee you that you'll see better MPG on your JL with its 8-speed auto. All I'm saying is that you should try it before you start planning to spend money on something you might not need. Of course, if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, that's a different story altogether :D

YOUJLUS

On a JK, correct? I can guarantee you that you'll see better MPG on your JL with its 8-speed auto. All I'm saying is that you should try it before you start planning to spend money on something you might not need. Of course, if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, that's a different story altogether :D

Probably would put them on before gears. Lol thought about putting my 37s from my jk on the jl and put 40s on my jk. But thinking th jl is gonna stay stock until the jk is done. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

gonefirefighting

Couple things about diff covers, Recently gale banks has been putting out some info that I have been preaching for quite some time. the diff cover is specifically designed to move oil to the right places and cool at the same time. When you change the diff cover from the factory it chages the throw and hydralics of the oil.

I know some of the aftermarket covers look "cool" and may have all kinds of whiz-bang gadgetry and newfangled fins and what not but ultimately they are mostly hindering the oil performance of your differentials. He has been doing a 3 part series on this exact topic.

here is one of the 3 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-yG3D3JBRs just some food for thought

CalSgt

Couple things about diff covers, Recently gale banks has been putting out some info that I have been preaching for quite some time. the diff cover is specifically designed to move oil to the right places and cool at the same time. When you change the diff cover from the factory it chages the throw and hydralics of the oil.

I know some of the aftermarket covers look "cool" and may have all kinds of whiz-bang gadgetry and newfangled fins and what not but ultimately they are mostly hindering the oil performance of your differentials. He has been doing a 3 part series on this exact topic.

here is one of the 3 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-yG3D3JBRs just some food for thought

Well... The covers on page one are from spicer, I don't suspect they would sell differential covers for their axels that would hinder performance.