SHINY or BLACK : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?

• SHINY Wheels

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • BLACK Wheels

Votes: 49 63.6%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20180821151142-f257c0c2-me.jpg

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting yet another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on WAYALIFE and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our simple 2 question poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

While we would ALSO love for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question, what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to random members who participate in our poll.

With all that said...

SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?
SHINY - This includes chrome, polished aluminum AND cast or machined aluminum. Essentially any wheel that isn't painted or powder coated.

BLACK - This would include a high gloss or matte finished, black steel or aluminum wheel INCLUDING ones with a beadlock or rock ring in a different color.

Thanks for your help! :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

I gotta say, it depends on the color. On sports cars Im still partial to the shiny look, but on trucks and jeeps, I seem to gravitate towards the black, although I love the way Jet Li sits, which brings me back full circle to, it depends on the color. :p

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Although it can be color dependent, for the most part I will usually choose some sort of silver / shiney over all black.

Four Flusher

I would have voted, depends on the Jeep's color. Shinny jeep, mojito/red/yellow, I'd pick black. Jeeps in shades of grey I'd go shinny. Hell, most wheels look good on the JL, except all 20"ers.

Onlyone

Although everyone’s taste is different, I have never understood the black wheel fad. There is no contrast to the wheel. I mean if your going to spend some cash on something like wheels that are always seen, why not see them. I do agree that they are color dependent though. Some colors look alright with black wheels, but just ...alright. Just another opinion though. :thumb:

BillArnett

Black. Shiny wheels look great when new but they don't stay shiny unless you're just a mall crawler. Black wheels look more "serious" especially after they're beat up a bit.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since I have to choose I voted for black. I think they look better on colorful jeeps and if you paint the beadlock rings it’s fun to color match them and have them contrast the black.

LauraRose

BLACK...

However, on my JLUR I like the combination of black & shiny on the stock Rubicon wheels. When I upgrade my wheels & tires, I may look for wheels with the same characteristics.

Laura Rose from PA

Firejeep

I have always liked shiny. That being said, black needs to have something to offset it. Maybe some shiny bolts. Maybe that’s why I like the factory Rubi wheels, a little of both.

RMC2

In general, I am a fan of shiny. But I also like a two tone wheel as well. Current favorite is the ATX 194 Ravine in argent with black. Polished aluminum always looks awesome, but needs a clear coat.

Growlz

I voted shiny. I've had black wheels on the last couple of Jeeps I've owned, but it's nice having a shiny wheel for a change. If and when I go to an aftermarket wheel I'll stay with the shiny on this Jeep.