SHINY or BLACK : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?

• SHINY Wheels

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • BLACK Wheels

Votes: 49 63.6%

• Total voters

Paladin JL

Black or Shiney

I had shiney ordered for my new JL than decided to go with XD Black with some shiny trim. I went against tradition when I decided to have my Cooper tires fitted with white lettering on the outside. It turns out this combo just jumps out and have gotten nothing but great compliments on my JL. By the way, the Step Rock Rails by Rock Slide Engineering are awesome.

Attachments

• 32F24A6A-9729-4DE7-861E-2AC12C65C234.jpg
    32F24A6A-9729-4DE7-861E-2AC12C65C234.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting to see how SHINY took the lead early on but now BLACK is pulling ahead. Please keep the votes coming in and thank you for your help :thumb:

KICKROX

I like the polished wheel look... even though I have black wheels on my Jeep, I made sure I kept the beadlock ring chrome and added a nice color red to the cap. Not a fan of all black wheels.

jljordan

My wife wanted black on her Jeep. I like how they look out on the trails with dust and dirt on them. I'm not a big fan of them when they are clean. I'm going polished on my Rubicon when it gets here. We'll see if she still like them as much when she sees the two together.

IMG_8008.jpg

GhostJL

custom color?

I've been looking at a lot of rims recently as I'm looking to replace my JL's factory rims. I think you're totally right in saying that Black has been overdone. Its a great look, and I'll probably go that way but its becoming an older look. With that, I've been looking for some wheels in gun metal, I just can't find a design that I like. What about getting a custom color? (not sure how easy that is, or if its possible)

MrGiant

Depends on the jeeps color. White silver yellow mojito jeep, black wheels (with light accents), dark jeep, shiny wheels. I do have chrome but its the style of my yj and here most wheels are black. The market is not as big as in the US

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I had a feeling black would do well but I see it's now double the amount of shiny votes.

Please keep them coming and again, thank you for your help :thumb:

BBDOC

Black or matte finish

I love my bronze icon rims. I especially like them on the black and white JL’s. But, I have to admit the silver looks nice with the beadlocks especially on the white JL’s:)

Indy

Shiny or black.... I like both of them. Since you can only vote one i voted for BLACK!!! :crazyeyes: