View Poll Results: SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHINY or BLACK : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

Question SHINY or BLACK : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting yet another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on WAYALIFE and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our simple 2 question poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

While we would ALSO love for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question, what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to random members who participate in our poll.

With all that said...

SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?
    SHINY - This includes chrome, polished aluminum AND cast or machined aluminum. Essentially any wheel that isn't painted or powder coated.

BLACK - This would include a high gloss or matte finished, black steel or aluminum wheel INCLUDING ones with a beadlock or rock ring in a different color.

Thanks for your help!

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    I gotta say, it depends on the color. On sports cars Im still partial to the shiny look, but on trucks and jeeps, I seem to gravitate towards the black, although I love the way Jet Li sits, which brings me back full circle to, it depends on the color.

Although it can be color dependent, for the most part I will usually choose some sort of silver / shiney over all black.

I would have voted, depends on the Jeep's color. Shinny jeep, mojito/red/yellow, I'd pick black. Jeeps in shades of grey I'd go shinny. Hell, most wheels look good on the JL, except all 20"ers.
    '18 Sting Gray JLUR

Although everyoneís taste is different, I have never understood the black wheel fad. There is no contrast to the wheel. I mean if your going to spend some cash on something like wheels that are always seen, why not see them. I do agree that they are color dependent though. Some colors look alright with black wheels, but just ...alright. Just another opinion though.
    2018 JLUR SOLD
    2018 Ram Power Wagon on 37ís
    2019 Bikini JLR Turbo 2 Door on 37ís Mopar lift

Shiny.. converted from loving the black wheels

My favorite color is still Crome

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Soon to be 2019 JL Rubicon owner

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    Black. Shiny wheels look great when new but they don't stay shiny unless you're just a mall crawler. Black wheels look more "serious" especially after they're beat up a bit.
    2018 JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, LoD Destroyer Shorty front & rear bumpers, LoD Signature rock sliders, Warn Zeon 10-S

Personally I like black but since we went with silver decals on our Surf Blue JK we went with shiny wheels on it. My Granite JL with black decals will always have black wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Since I have to choose I voted for black. I think they look better on colorful jeeps and if you paint the beadlock rings itís fun to color match them and have them contrast the black.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast