Body lift???

Mgossett1489

I still feel the basis of my question was taken out of context. I Don't care about body lifts. If it were a game of inches, I would have added such to the suspension. I was merely looking for an alternate way to getting my 37" spare on without the use of a relocation bracket.

Sent from my SM-N920V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mgossett1489

The backup camera is not in the bumper (it's in the center of the spare tire mount), so deleting wouldn't make a bit of difference in that regard.

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
My mental prowess is struggling lately. I completely missed the rear 'bumper' delete. I saw delete and immediately thought of the spare tire delete (which I do like and was talking about accidentally)

Sent from my SM-N920V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Shots

Wait.... what? Yeah I missed the whole spare tire thing. I read the title, and the initial post asking if they made a body lift for the JL, but lost track of the reason you wanted the body lift. I suspect a body lift wouldn't help you anyway, since modern body lifts come with bumper relocation brackets too. I suppose you could install one (once they finally make them) and leave off the rear bumper relocation brackets, but then you have the ugly gap on the back.
Is there an aftermarket bumper that has a bigger recess to allow for a bigger tire? Or maybe an aftermarket spare tire mount that allows for adjustment or is mounted higher to allow for bigger spares? Surely there's something that allows you to mount a bigger spare.

PS, no firestorm here. That whole conversation wasn't meant to be serious. At least that's how I took it, and I surely hope the other side of it wasn't meant to be serious either. If it was, I apologize, I thought we were being funny and wouldn't have egged it on if it wasn't in fun.

Shots

I reached out to Zone Off Road about a 1" - 1.5" body lift. I've used their 1.5" kits on several vehicles.
They responded telling me that they do plan to make one for the JL, but they haven't gotten to it yet. No word on when it will be done. Likewise, I haven't heard anything from Performance Accessories about if/when they'll have a kit.