Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lift’s recommended tire size

Yeah, I hear ya. I just don't want to give someone bad info. I guess I'll just add the disclaimer of "according to the math", the optional Sahara rims have 5.5" backspacing.
    "Can we... can we all get along? Can we... can we get along?"
    ______________________________________ - Rodney King

I just did some digging and it looks like Rubi rims spec the same (7.5 +44.45) with only the diameter being different. I don't know why they would physically measure different, unless it's like tires, where the spec size isn't actual. For example not all 315/70/17 tires are 35" despite that being the common acceptable size. By the numbers they work out to 34.3" but each manufacturer has a slightly different actual size. Some will actually measure 34.8" while another manufacturer may be 34.6" or 35.1". It's certainly possible rims have the same nuances. I suppose the only way to be completely sure of backspacing is to physically measure it, and compare to others who have also physically measured them.
    Since wayoflife has actually measured them, I'd go with that for the Jeep backspacing.

Are you taking into account in your math that the wheel width is not measured from the outside of the wheel but the backspace is measured from the edge?

IMG_1417.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

That's actually a great point, no I was not. Rim width is measured at the bead seat, whereas backspace is measured to the edge of the rim's lip. That will probably account of the difference in the calculated distance and the measured distance. So I guess it will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer just like tires do. Good catch.

Sweet thanks.

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    I hadn’t checked back in a while & appreciate all the input. Even though they’re 18s I love the optional Sahara wheels so it looks like I’m getting spacers. Thanks y’all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12