Weekend Camping in Alaska - Testing out Evo 3.5"

arcticaaron

Weekend Camping in Alaska - Testing out Evo 3.5"

Took the JL out for our first mild wheeling trip (70 miles of dirt roads, mining trails, and creek crossings). Man these jeeps are smooth offroad!

Gray jeep is mine and white one is my brother-in-laws. Extremely pleased with the Evo 3.5" Enforcer lift. I think the 3.5" lift is the perfect height if you'll be loading a bunch of gear and the family in.

You'll notice the winch install didn't quite finish before the trip, luckily we didn't need it!

Photo Aug 18, 9 05 37 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 18, 2 08 00 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 18, 6 31 09 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 19, 10 57 21 AM.jpgPhoto Aug 19, 11 05 59 AM.jpg

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Yea but do you even wheel bro? :cheesy: Amazing god's country, and as mentioned, a hell of a place to own a jeep. Props for testing out the water fording as well. :thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Holy cow, that really is beautiful. And what's up with you and fording? Haven't you learned? Just look up and to the left... that's your TJ in your avatar.:eek::D

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Wait, I just looked up the definition of fording. It means "to cross a stream or river at a shallow place". You were definitely NOT fording in your avatar.

arcticaaron

Alaska is a beautiful place to wheel. Not much rock crawling but a lot of cool areas to explore and way too much mud!

Holy cow, that really is beautiful. And what's up with you and fording? Haven't you learned? Just look up and to the left... that's your TJ in your avatar.:eek::D

I know, I know... It's just hard to go anywhere in Alaska without hitting a ton of water crossings! Too bad I didn't take a photo of the crossing on the way out. It started raining as we broke camp and by the time we got to the crossing the water was about 6" deeper and moving faster. It cleaned off the top of the white jeeps hood and came up to my headlights. Time for a snorkel!

I was wondering who made it...

Genright Ultra Clearance Bumper. I also did the swaybar motor flip (used the ace engr bolt) and had to notch out the winch tray so that it wouldn't hit the motor.