First Rubicon trip in my new JL Rubi

Deezus

So, after hitting Barret Lake trail last weekend I figured what better way to celebrate 5k miles on my JL then to take the top and doors off and run the Rubicon.
Went with 4 other friends all with JKs except for a modified Xterra.
I had just installed the Rancho 2" sport lift kit on Thursday night with the 5000 shocks. You can get this kit with the 9000 shocks as well.
I'm very impressed with the coils with this kit. Super duper(it's a word) smooth ride and handling on the street. Off road is great too but on my JK I had Evo Coilovers which IMO, coilovers give the best ride on the street and trail bit cost way more....and worth it.
Anyway, I'm very happy with this kit and the new JL.
The steering fully locked up at 11psi on the rocks felt no different than being unlocked which is very impressive and I still can't believe it.
If you guys and girls go to the Rubicon and start from loon and are planning going all the way through try taking Barker pass out....its faster less dusty and depending on what time of year multiple water crossings. One think to note though is a 100ft of the trail is in bushes.
One more thing, as you can see from one of the pics below I was hitting every turn without having to back up which with the JL Rubicons wider track is very impressive!20180818_130940_HDR~3.jpeg20180819_151849.jpeg20180819_143122.jpeg20180819_101605_HDR.jpeg20180818_125448_HDR.jpeg20180818_151934.jpeg20180819_101359_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice shots! Looks like a ton of people were out on the trail with you. Also, glad to hear your Rancho Sport Lift performed as well as it has been for me. :yup:

Deezus

Nice shots! Looks like a ton of people were out on the trail with you. Also, glad to hear your Rancho Sport Lift performed as well as it has been for me. :yup:
Yea thanks. There was a steaks and trails function at the bowl. It was a crazy night and as always, like my last GF, tons of fun! Haha jk....or JL.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

AU Bronc N JL

Awesome pictures!! Looks like a TON of people up there! Jeep looks great too! I’m still trying to decide bw red, silver, or white!