WiscoHR’s JL Adventures

WiscoHR

So looks like my rear drivers side shock is done. May have pushed them a little too hard. The dirt that looks wet is actually shock oil. Noticed it this morning and definitely felt it all day on Pearl Pass.

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Ran Pearl pass yesterday. Beautiful views the whole way. But this trail is tight, narrow and full of ROCKS! Nothing that is really that challenging but by the end you just wish the rocks would stop. Didn’t help that the rear end was bottoming out on every rock we dropped off of.

IMG_5097.JPG

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5101.JPG

IMG_5102.JPG

There is a trail in there somewhere.

IMG_5103.JPG

IMG_5104.JPG

IMG_5108.JPG

Also finally saw some bighorn sheep in CO on Independence Pass.

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Outstanding photos! :thumb:

So looks like my rear drivers side shock is done. May have pushed them a little too hard. The dirt that looks wet is actually shock oil. Noticed it this morning and definitely felt it all day on Pearl Pass.

Well that sucks and definitely not something I'd want to see. I wonder if you could have a replacement shipped to one of your next destinations.

SSBattalion

Loving this thread and shots! Question, do you wish you would have went 3.5" over 2.5"? Would that 1" extra come in handy out there to you now that you're really using your rig?

WiscoHR

Loving this thread and shots! Question, do you wish you would have went 3.5" over 2.5"? Would that 1" extra come in handy out there to you now that you're really using your rig?

I haven’t found a spot yet where I’d say I needed an extra inch of lift. The only spots I’ve really hit is the rear axle shock mounts. I hit the front driver lower control arm frame mount today on Red Cone. But that was my fault. Bad line choice and my tire slid off the rock it was on. Now am I going to stay at 2.5 inch, that I can’t answer right now. There is a chance I’ll go to 3.5 with King shocks down the road or there might be coilovers and long arms in the near future.

SSBattalion

I haven’t found a spot yet where I’d say I needed an extra inch of lift. The only spots I’ve really hit is the rear axle shock mounts. I hit the front driver lower control arm frame mount today on Red Cone. But that was my fault. Bad line choice and my tire slid off the rock it was on. Now am I going to stay at 2.5 inch, that I can’t answer right now. There is a chance I’ll go to 3.5 with King shocks down the road or there might be coilovers and long arms in the near future.

Thank you. :thumb:

WiscoHR

So made a quick run up Peak 10 in Breckenridge this morning.

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

Then from there headed over and ran Red Cone, which was a fun trail through the woods and up to the high ridge line.

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5192.JPG

Then it was up to Mt Evans.

IMG_5221.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

Last edited:

Four Flusher

La Sal Pass?

Great pictures. It looks like you took La Sal pass out of Moab which I think puts you on the Rimrocker trail. I'm planning on doing that trail in early Oct and I'm wondering if a 4wd truck with good tires can handle the section of Rimrocker. Seem like the rest of Rimrocker's ok for a truck, we'll be coming from Montrose. thanks

WiscoHR

Great pictures. It looks like you took La Sal pass out of Moab which I think puts you on the Rimrocker trail. I'm planning on doing that trail in early Oct and I'm wondering if a 4wd truck with good tires can handle the section of Rimrocker. Seem like the rest of Rimrocker's ok for a truck, we'll be coming from Montrose. thanks

La Sal pass out of Moab is definitely doable is a truck. But you will get quite a bit of pin striping from the brush. It’s really tight in spots and I got a few scratches in the JL from it.

WiscoHR

Headed down to Great Sand Dunes yesterday and ran Hayden and Medano passes on the way. Nothing challenging but definitely some great views.

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

I think there is a JL down there somewhere.

IMG_5246.JPG

The Coopers are creating their own art with all the different color muds.

IMG_1542.JPG

Well it’s our last morning in CO. Gonna find one last trail to run then off to Rocky Mountain National Park. Then the long drive back to WI.

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Starting a list of what needs to get done when I get back to WI:
Oil change
Rotate tires
Replace rear shocks
Air filter
Replace Windshield
Retorque everything
Clean it
2 weeks of fun leads to a lot of work.