WiscoHR’s JL Adventures

WiscoHR

IMG_1198.JPG

Ordered the JL Rubicon on 5/28 after the untimely destruction of my 2016 JK Hard Rock. Thanks to someone in a Ford Fusion not paying attention to traffic.

IMG_0996.JPG

Picked up the new JL on 7/9 and have been working on it since then to get ready for our summer trip which starts today!

IMG_1142.JPG

So here is where I’ve gotten so far with the build:
EVO 2.5 Enforcer
Core4x4 Tier 4 control arms
ARB Twin Compressor
Motobilt Front Bumper
Warn Zeon 10s
VisionX ADV 6.7 light cannons
KMC Machete Beadlocks
Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50
JLWRANGLER Hitch Stinger / Tire Support
Rancho 5000X Shocks
EVO Rear Shock Skids

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

WiscoHR

So spent the morning organizing tools and recovery gear.

IMG_1201.JPG

Hoped to get an earlier start but had a little too much fun at Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field last night.

IMG_1200.JPG

But now the JL is packed and we are heading out in an hour or so to start the vacation. First destination is Billings, MT which is about a 17 hour drive.

Last edited:

WiscoHR

It’s been a long day on the road, but got to see a great sunrise on the Custer Trail.

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

Also some rock carvings from some of the men in Custer’s company.

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

Love the look of the Coopers with some dust on them to accent everything.

IMG_1223.JPG

Got stuck in some traffic.

IMG_1227.JPG

And my windshield officially lasted 4040 miles before it took a rock on the expressway in Montana. The crack has now grown to about 6 inches

IMG_1229.JPG

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Very nice pictures. Looks like a great time, and your Jeep looks dope. ( I've never said that before and I think I may be too old to use the word "dope", but I thought I'd try it on for size). Lol. It's funny what you say about the dust accenting the tires. My daughter and I went trail riding yesterday When I went into the garage this morning I thought my stock tires looked really groovy with the trail dust on them. ( I feel completely comfortable using the word groovy)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome pics! Nice to see you getting out there with your Jeep and seeing some cool places. :thumb:

arcticaaron

Great photos, it's fun to follow along on your trip. Looking forward to photos from Utah!

When you removed the rear bumper, did you add a cover piece/plate between the frame rails? I can't tell from the photos but it looks like a clean setup.

WiscoHR

Great photos, it's fun to follow along on your trip. Looking forward to photos from Utah!

When you removed the rear bumper, did you add a cover piece/plate between the frame rails? I can't tell from the photos but it looks like a clean setup.

I did add a rear fascia from Ace Engineering. The wife didn’t like look the look of the frame and crossmember. And she let me do everything I wanted on the JL I figured I could compromise on this.

WiscoHR

Made it through Cathedral Valley in Capitol Reef yesterday. They had storms in the morning, so there were a lot of deep washes and lots of mud. So didn’t get many photos on the trail. It was slow down to drop down the 1 to 2 foot mud ledges on one side then full throttle to climb the mud on the other side. And some long stretches of mud. Aired down to 15psi once we started to encounter the mud. And the Cooper STTs just kept on digging through everything. What an amazing tire. Found one guy in an Audi convertible at the first wash with a shovel trying to dig out the first wash so he could try it. I informed him he was about to attempt 20 miles of mud and wash outs and he needs to go back the way he came.

WiscoHR

Can’t post pics yet because reception is spotty here in Torrey. I did run into some rub in the passenger rear yesterday. It is only the fender liner so far. I had melted it back per Eddie’s instructions but must not have gotten it far enough. Once I can find a car wash to clean the mud off, I’ll cut out the offending portion which is now bent forward from the tire grabbing it repeatedly.